2010 GT500 wheels installed

kevinp

Established Member
Not as exciting as some of the other wheels/tires out there but I thought I'd throw up some pics since they will probably never be this clean again. I wanted to stick with OE wheels so my choices were limited. I was undecided between the 19" track pack wheels and these 18" GT500 wheels.

Did the GT500 wheels, they have the stock 07-09 GT500 (and 2010 vert) 255/45/18 and 285/40/18 Goodyear F1s on them. The blower dropped the front 1/2" and I have the Roush rear springs in the dropped the rear .7" so its a little lowered.

Looks OK but the rear tires need to be taller, I have a set of 305/40/18 555r nittos I'll throw on when the rears wear out. I like the look of th wheels though, they dont jump out like the stock silver wheels and the wider rear tires look pretty good IMO.

nw3.gif

nw2.gif

nw1.gif

kevinp

Established Member
I think those are the best looking wheels on the 11's. Right color too!

I like them, my old 2010 GT500 vert had them and I thought they looked good.

I wanted 19 inch 2010/2011 GT500 non-svtpp wheels but I havent been able to come across a set and I couldnt wait any more.

kevinp

Established Member
Looks sweet those tires won't last long with all that power.

The stock 235s were worse, traction control takes care of it pretty well though. But the F1s are like 220 treadwear so they wont last that long even with no power :)

kevinp

Established Member
Looks very nice!!!

Your car is definitely a sleeper and will hurt plenty of people's feelings, LOL!!!

There are a couple new Camaro owners and a 2007-2009 GT500 guy that is probably still wondering how they got whomped so bad by a stock GT lol.

Its not the fastest thing out there for sure but its an awesome stoplight warrior.

kevinp

Established Member
If I had one of these cars that would be the wheel I would choose too.

18" FTW!!!:rockon::beer:

I see ZERO performance advantage to 19s, too heavy and too expensive.:nonono:

The same style 19" GT500 wheels are quite a bit lighter I believe (they are forged), plus I would have used 275/40/19 and 245/45/19 tires that are a little taller (27.6) and would look a little better IMO - these cars have some huge wheelwells.

But for what I'm doing there is certainly no performance advantage in 19s, the stock 235s did OK for just putting around., this was strictly a cosmetic mod - and the 18s are darn cheap for sure :beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Love this wheel setup. I debated on getting these at first and was going to paint them a darker color. Honestly bro, if you lowered the car some more(especially in the rear) the tire height would be perfect.

kevinp

Established Member
Love this wheel setup. I debated on getting these at first and was going to paint them a darker color. Honestly bro, if you lowered the car some more(especially in the rear) the tire height would be perfect.

It would look better lower but its a daily driver and its a good height for that right now, especially with the wife and kids loaded in with a full tank of gas.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
where did you purchase them from? I keep finding knockoffs that arent even close, lol. Like previously said, best oem wheel option.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
my twin

Not as exciting as some of the other wheels/tires out there but I thought I'd throw up some pics since they will probably never be this clean again. I wanted to stick with OE wheels so my choices were limited. I was undecided between the 19" track pack wheels and these 18" GT500 wheels.

Did the GT500 wheels, they have the stock 07-09 GT500 (and 2010 vert) 255/45/18 and 285/40/18 Goodyear F1s on them. The blower dropped the front 1/2" and I have the Roush rear springs in the dropped the rear .7" so its a little lowered.

Looks OK but the rear tires need to be taller, I have a set of 305/40/18 555r nittos I'll throw on when the rears wear out. I like the look of th wheels though, they dont jump out like the stock silver wheels and the wider rear tires look pretty good IMO.

nw3.gif

nw2.gif

nw1.gif

car looks great man. you have the twin to mine but i do have the 305/40/18 dr's. they will fill up the wheel gap well. if you haven't already i would order the Shelby rock guards or mud flaps what ever pelople want to call them. i put them on mine so the dr's throw everything at the quarters, plus they look good. i got mine from Steve at Tousley.

kevinp

Established Member
where did you purchase them from? I keep finding knockoffs that arent even close, lol. Like previously said, best oem wheel option.

The dreaded eBay, they are the real Ford Racing wheels and new take off tires from a 2009 GT500.

car looks great man. you have the twin to mine but i do have the 305/40/18 dr's. they will fill up the wheel gap well. if you haven't already i would order the Shelby rock guards or mud flaps what ever pelople want to call them. i put them on mine so the dr's throw everything at the quarters, plus they look good. i got mine from Steve at Tousley.

I already have them on there, a must have with the wider rear tires for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread