2010 GT500 v Challenger SRT8 v Camaro SS comparison

dudemang2

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rJhgxyWVDo"]YouTube - Most Muscle? Camaro SS v Challenger SRT8 v Shelby GT500[/ame]

SLeeK87GT

Established Member
Man, i dont know what it is but the maro just doesn't do it for me. but on a further note the 10 rear end keeps growing on me! :rockon:

fudgerunyard

Banned
Let's be honest, though...is the Camaro slower than the Shelby? Yes. But it's also a whopping $15k cheaper as well. I don't know about you, but i could of think of a thing or 2 to the Camaro to put that extra $15k to good use.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Let's be honest, though...is the Camaro slower than the Shelby? Yes. But it's also a whopping $15k cheaper as well. I don't know about you, but i could of think of a thing or 2 to the Camaro to put that extra $15k to good use.

+1. I love the GT500 to death, and its sexy as hell, but its hard to justify spending 50 grand on it, and it still have a live real axle ( although it has proven to work well ). In comparison the GT500 is a great deal but out of reach of the average Mustang buyers. The GT is nice but lets face it, the more powerful Camaro at nearly the same price is the better buy and I'm a Ford loyalist! The Camaro design is growing on me and the interior is livable and it has great potential. A good bang for the buck Muscle car. Its probably the car id buy right now.

Well have to wait and see the 5.0 Next year, but it may disappoint, although I hope it doesn't, and I also hope its under 36 grand and has a 6 spd. Just gotta wait I guess.

Last edited:

SLeeK87GT

Established Member

i see your point but, thats like when people say or compare the gt500 to a c6 or zo6. and somebody says "the vette is faster but i can see where the price diff. would help the gt500. my point is stock for stock the maro just dont cut it.

SLeeK87GT

Established Member
+1. I love the GT500 to death, and its sexy as hell, but its hard to justify spending 50 grand on it, and it still have a live real axle ( although it has proven to work well ). In comparison the GT500 is a great deal but out of reach of the average Mustang buyers. The GT is nice but lets face it, the more powerful Camaro at nearly the same price is the better buy and I'm a Ford loyalist! The Camaro design is growing on me and the interior is livable and it has great potential. A good bang for the buck Muscle car. Its probably the car id buy right now.

Well have to wait and see the 5.0 Next year, but it may disappoint, although I hope it doesn't, and I also hope its under 36 grand and has a 6 spd. Just gotta wait I guess.

not what i would buy... but overall i would have to agree good bang for buck car... the styling and interior just doesn't do it for me...

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
not what i would buy... but overall i would have to agree good bang for buck car... the styling and interior just doesn't do it for me...

I agree the design is a bit weird and the only reason I look at the Camaro is the bang for buck factor. Its why I have High Hopes for the 5.0 :)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That was a weird slalom test because I'm pretty sure it was either Edmonds or C&D that did the test with the GT500 and it pulled 69mph. That's a set of springs away from Evo territory in the handling department which is not bad at all for a live axel.

I think this test was pointless for the most part because it didn't show the true potential of any of the cars. But it's obvious the GT500 is going to be the better performer, and honestly I think Ford just offers a better package all around, even if it is 50k.

fangstang

Established Member
you really cant go wrong with either one. I'd be happy to have any of them.

venomws6

Established Member
I like all of them but the last choice is SRT8 For sure I just dyned one (auto) made 345rwhp WTF Freakin slow for the weight.

and of course GT500 is faster 540hp vs 426hp I really like to see comparison between New GT500 and 09 LS3 C6

tommygun

Established Member

most SS Camaros optioned out are 48k, not really a 15k difference.

xenodragon

Established Member
Muscle cars are getting way to expensive, for $50k i'd rather spend a few thousand more and get an M3....i'll just wait and get a used one a few years away.

Users who are viewing this thread