2010 GT500 Twin Turbo-Magazine Coverage

GarageLogic

Established Member
and there it is:beer:

you are going to have so much fun with this set up it is not even funny!!!!!!!!!!!! and sorry i failed on that info for you, i got side tracked:shrug:
I have no doubt. I will be picking the car up on nezt Wednesday and the wait is killing me.

As for that information, no problem. I appreciated that you were willing to even try to get something for me when you don't even know me from Adam.

Thanks again for all your feedback along the way.:beer:

Last edited:

jaystang

Established Member
First, Great job on the magazine coverage. You car looks sweet. That is one awesome bad boy!!:rockon:

Second, I've been thinking about doing the Hellion kit on my 09 GT500. I'm located in Albuquerque with Hellion (John) hangs his hat. I visited a local tuner shop, Motiva, that specializes in the kits. I was very impressed...

but I know nothing about the systems and would like to know more.

What do you think about the TT system so far. I know you had a previous GT500 with many mods. What made you decide to TT this time instead of an upgraded supercharger?

Thanks
Jay:thumbsup:

Last edited:

GarageLogic

Established Member
great set-up..why you withholding the final dyno #'s
you don't want your insurance broker noticing:lol1:
Whatchutalkin' about!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/9094124-post16.html

Van, your heat exchanger brought down the IAT's a solid 20 degrees form where they were before we put the unit on. I did not data log how much more they decreased driving the car down the road versus on the dyno, but as soon as I find the time to do so, i will and let you know the results.

Van@RevanRacing

Whatchutalkin' about!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/9094124-post16.html

Van, your heat exchanger brought down the IAT's a solid 20 degrees form where they were before we put the unit on. I did not data log how much more they decreased driving the car down the road versus on the dyno, but as soon as I find the time to do so, i will and let you know the results.

Brodie, right on! In doing your road logs what would be interesting is with the fans engaged and the fans dis-engaged. That's easily done by simply removing the fuses from the fan relays.

Just record ect, iat, iat2 and spark advance in both logs. That'll be interesting to see.

Thanks

Van

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
oh man that kit looks ridiculous, i've been totally out of the loop with this kit. Is it available?

que4dog

Established Member
Congrats!!! I'm glad you are enjoying the car. Once you feel the turbo's you will never second guess the turbo route. Have fun!!!

GarageLogic

Established Member
oh man that kit looks ridiculous, i've been totally out of the loop with this kit. Is it available?
It's the same kit as is used on the 2007-2009 GT500's. However, you will have to make a couple of small modifications in the area where the discharge tubing comes into the engine bay. The details were covered in the magazine write up. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Users who are viewing this thread