2010 GT500 Twin Turbo-Magazine Coverage

GarageLogic

Established Member
First and foremost, I want to thank all of the folks at RTM Productions, Dynospeed Racing, Hellion Power Systems and Revan Racing for all of their time, patience, consideration and hard work they put in on my car. Steve, Cam, Joe, Rick, John, Jeff and Van, I cannot adequately express how much I appreciate what you have done for me and if I can ever do anything for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Special thanks also needs to be given to my magnificent wife who has put up with my automotive shenanigans for years and had to listen to me drone on endlessly about this particular project for the past few weeks.

Props also need to go out to Ford Motor Company for producing such a great starting platform. As you will see in the PowerBlock magazine article I have linked to below, very little need to be changed/added to the GT500 to accommodate the Hellraiser kit.

Please take a few minutes to check out this December issue of PowerBlock Magazine and be sure to click on the links embedded in the article to learn more about the organizations who helped make this build happen.

PowerBlock Magazine | PowerblockTV

GarageLogic

Established Member
Oh, you wanted some numbers?! LOL! Final numbers were not available for the magazine deadline, so we did not include them. Don't worry, once I have them, I will post up the results and a dyno sheet.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
why no numbers though, there is pics of the car on the dyno, so why no numbers? was it put on the dyno before completion just for the sake of a pic?

this is just as bad as someone posting a thread about his new rims with no pics?

post some numbers already!!!!!!!!

Grunnsetning

Established Member
why no numbers though, there is pics of the car on the dyno, so why no numbers? was it put on the dyno before completion just for the sake of a pic?

this is just as bad as someone posting a thread about his new rims with no pics?

Good question, not like he can say we have no numbers cause it was never on a dyno.

GarageLogic

Established Member

Good question, not like he can say we have no numbers cause it was never on a dyno.
Okay, here's the deal on why we have not posted any numbers yet.

The car was put on the dyno after the kit was installed and we made a couple of pulls. The results were, if I recall correctly, ~608rwhp/675rwtq with super conservative timing and A/F values. After making those pulls and looking at the data, it was determined that 1)The downstream temps were higher than we wanted and 2) we were unable to hold boost for some reason between 5000 and 6200rpm.

Since this was the first Hellion TT GT500 Dynospeed had done, we wanted to err on the side of caution. After speaking with John at Hellion, we identified some issues that we needed to address and moved forward.

The reason for the high IAT2 was my own fault, as I had elected to install the kit sans Hellion's optional intercooler. Additional cooling capacity needed to be in place before we could get serious with the tuning process. The boost drop-off was a result of having no kind of boost controller on the car. Again, John suggests having one for the kit in order to manage the wastegate operation, but I had elected to forego the unit. Again, that's what I get for trying to do things my way.

Unfortunately, we could not get the parts delivered, on the car and dynoed before the magazine submission deadline, so we had nothing but untuned numbers to use.

So, if you want/need a number, then what I posted above will have to do for now. If you can wait a couple of more days, I'm sure we can provide something that is more in line with what others have gotten from the kit.

Last edited:

GarageLogic

Established Member
Results on the everyday street tune:

737rwhp/776rwtq uncorrected
705rwhp/742rwtq SAE corrected

93 octane tune
18 degrees of timing

There is so much left on the table with this kit it's funny.:banana:

Kostas

Established Member
Results on the everyday street tune:

737rwhp/776rwtq uncorrected
705rwhp/742rwtq SAE corrected

93 octane tune
18 degrees of timing

There is so much left on the table with this kit it's funny.:banana:

Very nice!! How much boost??

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
and there it is:beer:

you are going to have so much fun with this set up it is not even funny!!!!!!!!!!!! and sorry i failed on that info for you, i got side tracked:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread