2010 GT500 Production Cut

snakecharmer

Established Member
The post doesn't really indicate the root cause, but I'd have to believe they have a serious supplier problem for them to limit the car to that small a production.

chuckstang

Established Member
I am not buying it

You mean to tell me the total 2010 GT500 production will only be 1,700???????

Not buying it

Although it could be because they are not selling like we all thought, possibly the leak of the Al block for 2011 ruined it for Ford so they are cutting their losses.

I just don't buy that they have a supplier problem.

I need to hear from known members first, sorry if this offends anyone, but so far no one has posted that I know and trust.

War Eagle

Established Member
I am not buying it

You mean to tell me the total 2010 GT500 production will only be 1,700???????
Not buying it
Although it could be because they are not selling like we all thought, possibly the leak of the Al block for 2011 ruined it for Ford so they are cutting their losses.
I just don't buy that they have a supplier problem.
I need to hear from known members first, sorry if this offends anyone, but so far no one has posted that I know and trust.

Only 300 cars have been built and it looks like they can only get another 600 or 700 done before year end. The total # built this year will be 1,000 or less. Total plant capacity for a full year run was only 2,000 cars. 1,700 had not been scheduled, read the document embedded in the thread.

No news on next year.

Steve

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member

chuckstang

Established Member
I am not following, because according to what you just said, 2000 cars is all the plant can build in one year?

2010 production should continue through June of 2010, so perhaps production is done for 2009. Another words, 2010 GT500 will not start producing again until we hit the new year, January of 2010.

I bet you an $1000000000 E dollars that after 2010 is done, there will be at least the same amount buit as the 09s or something along those lines.

This would be catastrophic and terrible PR for Ford and really could push them over the edge to bankrupcy like GM and DC

LaserSVT

No Pants
Established Member
Wow man, that sux. Hit up ebay before the cheap ones get their prices jacked way the hell up!

ff500

Established Member
Thats to bad I know you were excited about your car, thats true what someone else posted about the price gauging, it will probably happen.

You do get your deposit back? I would save my pennies for the 2011 if I were you.

chuckstang

Established Member
Guys, this is the work of a dealership or someone with a vested interest to make the prices of these cars go up!

I am not falling for it

I don't think Fords letter is clear on what some are posting

skyhighsd

Established Member
This is good for the guys who already have one but I wasnt in the market so it does not bother me at all. Sorry to the guys who are waiting for one.

War Eagle

Established Member
What makes me so sick is that I had a gorgeous 2009 Red with White stripes that I loved. I sold it to buy the 2010. I don't know what I am going to do at this point.

I got a call from my Dealer this morning at 9:45 telling me he could not get me my car, before I even saw the post on Team Shelby.

Steve

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
What makes me so sick is that I had a gorgeous 2009 Red with White stripes that I loved. I sold it to buy the 2010. I don't know what I am going to do at this point.

I got a call from my Dealer this morning at 9:45 telling me he could not get me my car, before I even saw the post on Team Shelby.

Steve

Buy one now off of ebay and have it shipped to you:shrug:

ff500

Established Member
I'm sure you can find one I've seen a few on Ebay. There are quite a few rumors for 2011 including a possible 6.2 and the return of the mach 1, I just can't get past the rearend on them.

NewFrance6

Established Member
I don't know but I would think that it has something to do with the Al block. They don't want to overproduce a car that will sit around next year just like all of the unsold 09s now. I think it is smart for Ford if that is the reason. I feel bad for those that have a 2010 as, if this is due to the Al block they are gonna be in the position of the 04 GTO owners when the 05s came around..

HOSTIL

Established Member

Steve

Bob Roarman Ford in Schaumburg,IL has a Black w/ White stripes and a Red w/ White stripes both non-nav cars with mach 1000 49,570 + 5,000 market adjustment. They were there last night, better hurry? I just told whole world.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Bob Roarman Ford in Schaumburg,IL has a Black w/ White stripes and a Red w/ White stripes both non-nav cars with mach 1000 49,570 + 5,000 market adjustment. They were there last night, better hurry? I just told whole world.

LMAO, 5k over F that! Sounds about right for the dealers in area I was lucky to find a dealer almost two years ago that didnt need to screw people over.

War Eagle

Established Member
All of this has pretty much taken the joy out of it for me. I am not going to be held hostage to buy a GT500. I am going to start looking at some other cars. If I don't find anything I like and If Ford gets back in to production I may be back next year but I doubt it.

Good Forum, see ya guys,

Steve

bpmurr

Established Member
Guys, this is the work of a dealership or someone with a vested interest to make the prices of these cars go up!

I am not falling for it

I don't think Fords letter is clear on what some are posting

Jeff is the real deal. He wouldn't make it up. I've know him for years.

Users who are viewing this thread