2010 GT500 Exhaust Help!

2K3Rcode

10 GT500
Established Member
Hey...

I recently bought my Shelby after trading in my 03 Mach... Since buying I put a 2.5 pulley/idler kit on the car and had it dyno tuned. Other than that and the Res Delete the car is otherwise stock... I have an opportunity to purchase at a good discount an item from Borla. I am looking at buying exhaust. However I don't know which way to go. I like the sound of the car as it is, but would like it a little louder with out drone and taking away from the blower whine. I am having a hard time finding clips of the Borla multicore axle back (11784) and the Tourning axle back (11780). Any input would be great. Is it worth ordering with the over the axle pipes? I would like to keep the stock mid, and headers. I have both o/r x and catted in the garage. I tried the catted with stock mufflers and didn't like it. The sound I liked was the sound of The Stingers on the 03/04 Cobras and Machs. Thanks...

masterman

Established Member
Hey...

I recently bought my Shelby after trading in my 03 Mach... Since buying I put a 2.5 pulley/idler kit on the car and had it dyno tuned. Other than that and the Res Delete the car is otherwise stock... I have an opportunity to purchase at a good discount an item from Borla. I am looking at buying exhaust. However I don't know which way to go. I like the sound of the car as it is, but would like it a little louder with out drone and taking away from the blower whine. I am having a hard time finding clips of the Borla multicore axle back (11784) and the Tourning axle back (11780). Any input would be great. Is it worth ordering with the over the axle pipes? I would like to keep the stock mid, and headers. I have both o/r x and catted in the garage. I tried the catted with stock mufflers and didn't like it. The sound I liked was the sound of The Stingers on the 03/04 Cobras and Machs. Thanks...

I have the other of the 3, the s-type and love it. No drone, deep, get a burble when slowing down in gear but no loud pops. I also am all stock except for the axle back.

EDIT: My bad I see they changed the names on the 10+ and dont offer the s-type for them either.

Last edited:

2K3Rcode

10 GT500
Established Member
According to Borla's website the only list 2 axle back systems. The "Multi-core" which in my opinion looks like a S-type however has 4 straight thru cores instead of 1. I have read where guys put the S-type system off a 2010 5.0 GT and they claim it sounds good. Borla informed me that if it sounded good there would have listed that as a possible option. And the other one listed for the 10s are the "Touring". If I had a 11 and up there are a lot more options.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the touring's on my 2010, catless h-pipe. I like the sound, a little louder than stock, does not drone. It does have a little cracking in it, I might try some resonators to get rid of that.

Canson

Established Member
I have the Borla ATAK for my 2012 GT500 and i can tell you that was the best decision and purchase made in my 26 years entire life. What an amazing sound it has with zero drone. I just love it.

I have a video with borla installed on my car. You can check it. But youtube doesnt make the right justice. Sounds way better in irl.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1J1fhotbU

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I have the Borla ATAK for my 2012 GT500 and i can tell you that was the best decision and purchase made in my 26 years entire life. What an amazing sound it has with zero drone. I just love it.

I have a video with borla installed on my car. You can check it. But youtube doesnt make the right justice. Sounds way better in irl.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1J1fhotbU

Hey that's your video? Cool. I've seen it before, sounds great! Is there an ATAK system for the 2010?

Canson

Established Member
Hey that's your video? Cool. I've seen it before, sounds great! Is there an ATAK system for the 2010?
Hey, yes thats my car/video. Thanks man.it sounds way much better in real life. I am not sure but i think they have for 2010 too.

2K3Rcode

10 GT500
Established Member
Unfortunately they don't offer the ATAK for the 2010s. I spoke to a rep at Borla yesterday and he told me that The "Multi-core" (11784) is essentially the S-Type. That the Touring is close to stock loudness. Looks like I'm going to try the Multi-cores.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Hey, yes thats my car/video. Thanks man.it sounds way much better in real life. I am not sure but i think they have for 2010 too.

Are you running headers, or an off road H or X pipe? It sounds so good!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Unfortunately they don't offer the ATAK for the 2010s. I spoke to a rep at Borla yesterday and he told me that The "Multi-core" (11784) is essentially the S-Type. That the Touring is close to stock loudness. Looks like I'm going to try the Multi-cores.

Is the S type as loud as the ATAK? Seems like 07-09, and 11-12 GT500s get the ATAK, why not the 2010's? Is it because of the 2010 using the X vs. H pipe?

HammerSVT10

Established Member
I have the S-type with an offroad x-pipe. The drone is horrible at normal cruising speeds. I also found the tone to not sound as good as the stock exhaust with a catless x-pipe. I have the touring axle back sitting in the garage waiting for me to put them on. Just my nickels worth.

2K3Rcode

10 GT500
Established Member
I am running stock exhaust manifolds and stock catted xpipe. I tried a lethal performance high flow catted x with stock mufflers and hated it. Wicked drone... So I'm staying with OE x and headers. Btw I have both Lethal Performance O/R X and catted x that I would sell for cheap if anyone is interested. I should post in the market and get rid of them I'm not going to use them.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I have the S-type with an offroad x-pipe. The drone is horrible at normal cruising speeds. I also found the tone to not sound as good as the stock exhaust with a catless x-pipe. I have the touring axle back sitting in the garage waiting for me to put them on. Just my nickels worth.

Is the drone due to the S type mufflers, or the ORX? My plan on my 2010 is using the ORX pipe on the everything else stock pieces. Videos I found with that set up sounded the best to me.

DaFreak

Established Member
I have the touring's on my 2010, catless h-pipe. I like the sound, a little louder than stock, does not drone.

x-pipe but +1 here

Running a SW o/r x with Borla touring muffs. Man, does it sound good. Quiet when you want it and roars when you want it. Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread