2010 GT500 clicking behind radio?

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Probably is a dumb question but when u first turn the key there is a crazy loud clicking noise which seems to be behind the radio. Is it the special shaker head unit, CD player, or ?.

BMR Tech

Our 2011 GT does this as well.

We suspect it's a heater/air vent or something.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Does the radio or CD portion of it ever click when the key isn't in the ignition? And have you had to change your battery?

- Aj -

Established Member
Either a blend door or temp door motor. If it changes when going from hot to cold, its a temp motor. If it changes when switching from defrost to face vents, for example, it is a blend door motor.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does your CD player eject cd's?

I'm not sure why, but the Shaker CD systems are fairly notorious to break....usually is caused by low battery or a lot of sitting.

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
I turned it off and right back on and it didn't do it. I guess it does it when it sits for a little bit. Freakin crazy. Atleast it doesn't do it while it's running almost sounds like motor is knocking haha

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep. Your CD player is broken. Typically they break from low voltage from battery. I've seen this happen to at least a dozen different cars.

BMR Tech

Yep. Your CD player is broken. Typically they break from low voltage from battery. I've seen this happen to at least a dozen different cars.

Broken?

We use our CD player every time we drive our car (everyday).

Our's sounds exactly like th OP's.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I was going to say, that sounds different than the noise my CD unit was making when it was randomly cycling even though there was no CD in there.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Broken?

We use our CD player every time we drive our car (everyday).

Our's sounds exactly like th OP's.

I was going to say, that sounds different than the noise my CD unit was making when it was randomly cycling even though there was no CD in there.

Sorry, I guess I didn't listen to it very well the first time.

The CD player will cycle through all 6 slots when broken. That sounds like the blend door; does it change it's tune when you increase the fan strength?

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Ok I looked it up and but it still cycles fine but I guess it will go out soon. I'll call up the dealer and get them to replace it because it doesn't look cheap

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ok I looked it up and but it still cycles fine but I guess it will go out soon. I'll call up the dealer and get them to replace it because it doesn't look cheap

Good luck! I'd say you'd definitely want it fixed living in Texas.

Zemedici

Established Member
Blend doors aren't cheap to replace due to the labor involved getting to them. Keep us updated :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread