2010 F150 Rolling idle Edebrock Eforce blower issues

Sean70ss

2010 F150 5.4 issues. Truck has mods, tune, eforce blower, headers, airbox. The idle just rolls up and down 1500 to 500 to 1100 then acts like it wants to die and sometimes it does or revs back up.

Have changed throttle body's/maf/reset pcm. The tune from edelbrock and the other company we had make one does the same thing. Checked for vacumn leaks etc nothing there. No codes either. Any ideas of what we could look for? Thank you for the board! Sean

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
How many miles?

Was the truck running fine and started out of no where with these issues. Or did you install these parts and the issues started?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sounds like a vacuum issue I think, but try cleaning your IAC and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean70ss

When everything was first installed it ran good. Somehow my son lost the tune he was doing a transfer to save and it was deleted. We had Edelbrock send us a copy and this is when it all started. Tried and tried to get them to see what was up and nothing. Had another company create a tune still did not fix it. We have taken it apart, went over it man so many times and still does not run correct. Mileage is at 102,000.

How many miles?

Was the truck running fine and started out of no where with these issues. Or did you install these parts and the issues started?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
When everything was first installed it ran good. Somehow my son lost the tune he was doing a transfer to save and it was deleted. We had Edelbrock send us a copy and this is when it all started. Tried and tried to get them to see what was up and nothing. Had another company create a tune still did not fix it. We have taken it apart, went over it man so many times and still does not run correct. Mileage is at 102,000.

Being that many miles are the cam phases in good shape and how is oil pressure?

01yellercobra

Established Member
2010 is drive by wire. No IAC to mess with.

If it worked with the old tune and didn't work with the new tune then I'd venture a guess that the tune is the issue. As long as nothing else was changed such as injectors or an intake pipe.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
2010 is drive by wire. No IAC to mess with.

If it worked with the old tune and didn't work with the new tune then I'd venture a guess that the tune is the issue. As long as nothing else was changed such as injectors or an intake pipe.
My bad you are correct,

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If I remember correctly isn’t there a dash pot setting in a tune that can affect idle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you thought about a local shop doing a custom tune? Or was that second tune a custom dyno tune? Sounds like you've already invested a lot of time into troubleshooting the issue, and even got that second tune. Hopefully a local tuner can find and correct the issue.

Sean70ss

We took it to a guy and he could not figure it out. Had JDM create a tune same issue, rolling idle, stumble, stall. I drove it home last night and when I put it in park the idle when crazy, burped, farted and sputtered lol and died. Started it again fired right up but idled at 1500. I really appreciate the feedback everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread