2010 Chome Replicas on 2008

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Installed these 18" replicas and was asked to post pics. Yeah, I know the car needs to be lowered.

Edit: see post 32 for pics of car lowered.

Nitto 555 275/40-18 on 9" wheels in front and 555r 305/35-18 on 10" in rear. Rears appx 1.5 lbs heavier than oem and fronts appx 4 lbs heavier than oem (according to my bathroom scale). The rears appear much smaller, but only .19" smaller than fronts.

Anyhow, here they are.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Thanks guys. I tried to keep both tires overall diameter close to oem (27"). The rears are 26.42" and the fronts are 26.61". I think the rake makes for an optical illusion that the fronts are much larger than the rears. 275/35-18 would be 25.59", so IDK. It will be fine once I lower it (I hope). Just ordered FRPP M-5300-L from Tousley!

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Looks goofy. The front/rear tread pattern difference makes the fronts appear even larger. Lowering will help but not enough to overcome it. Illusion or not, it's what people "think" they see. Just my opinion though.

Good choice on the chrome with the Alloy/Silver (the best color combo).

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
The wheels came from American Muscle. 18x9s were $175 & 18x10s were $195. I got price matching on the tires to discounttiredirect prices and added full TPMS and tool. Free shipping, mounting and balancing and another $100 off in the form of a gift certificate. So, delivered price was $1780 total. Then, I used the gift certificate (along with price matching) to get the KR mufflers for $400! And I think they sound great.

Too bad those oem wheels that sell for $140 don't come in chrome or 10' widths!

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Looks goofy. The front/rear tread pattern difference makes the fronts appear even larger. Lowering will help but not enough to overcome it. Illusion or not, it's what people "think" they see. Just my opinion though.

I suspect you're right about the tread pattern thing. And I think the pictures make it look worse than in person, but in retrospect I would've done 275/35-18 (front) or 305/40-18 (rear)had I known.

Between the fact that most people like the bigger rims, the car isn't lowered yet and the tread pattern issue, I thought twice about even posting up.

After I lower it, if I still don't like the look, I'll think about going 305/40-18 rears. Probably won't take long to burn these off anyhow!:beer:

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Yep, lowering springs and camber bolts on the way and now I have an excuse to burn these up!

I'll get some photos from front and rear soon.

RedfireWhipple

Established Member
Shaker.. your car looks great, as you already know-- a little lowering will set it off. Ever since I saw the stock 10 wheels I loved them but I'm just not a fan of the grayed out smoked look. I feel that the only color that looks good is the dark gray painted Shelby with them. THey just always look dirty. When a seller comes out with 19 inch chrome and POLISHED replicas they will sell tons of them.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
i like those wheels a lot; however, i think the black machined would look better with the alloy metallic

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Thanks guys! BTW, I debated the black machined and finally settled on these. My FRPP springs have arrived and I am waiting on the camber bolts and BMR adj PHB. I'll post more pics after install, incl front and rear shots (I spaced out the "Shelby" letters yesterday too).

skyhighsd

Established Member
Good to see you went with the chrome, I think it looks a lot better than the other choices. Looks good now but will look badass once you lower it!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Not bad...take pics after lowering...that will be the real tale.

Camber bolts...I did not use those when I lowered mine...did not need them.

I agree wider out back....but, you can do that later. Lowering is first priority!

Users who are viewing this thread