2010-2012 ford fusion sport opinions

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Mines not a sport but it's still a great car. 160k on it and haven't had a single issue with it. I sometimes consider trading it up for a 10-12 v6 sport with 30-40k on it so I can have the same car but more power and less miles on it.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I know a few people on here have one, so hopefully they'll chime in soon. We have a '10 Milan Premier with the 3.0 V6 and it's been a very solid ride for the last 60K we've put on it. The ONLY complaint I have are the seat bottoms are a little firm and not the most comfortable for long trips. Outside of that, I'm very happy with it and I imagine the Sport will be the same with a little more power.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
My roommate had a '10 FWD Sport. It was a nice car. Sound system was good, it handled surprisingly well and the engine was pretty gutsy. Never gave him any issues either.

hoopman

Established Member
I bought one New back in 2010 / Silver FWD, Still own it with 60K on the clock. It has never seen the dealership for any issues ever.
Ive replaced Tires and a Battery and thats it. Interior has worn very well as has the paint .
They are very solid cars and would not hesitate to recommend them , Usually get around 28-29 mpg freeway/ 21-22 around town.

webby092

Established Member
I have an 11 Sport FWD. Bought it was 36k last year. Been a good car so far. Has a slight squeal on startup, and the blower motor makes a bit of noise. Has not given me a legitimate problem yet. Put a decent set of all-seasons on it and a Steeda STB and it handles pretty good. Has power when you need it, and get decent MPG's. Really like the car!

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
60k miles on my sport. Most solid reliable car I have ever owned. It moves out pretty well and the trans in it is unique to the sport. Very comfortable. Be sure to get one with the sony system and heated seats.

MysticRob

Established Member
Looking also at a 2008 lincoln mkz, anyone have one here?

My buddy has an 09 MKZ and he loves it, especially the cooled leather seats. He's had some odd problems though, like the water pump and a COP both needing changed with only 60k on the odometer. It's a rather plain looking vehicle, but prices are cheap on loaded vehicles so it seems like a great value to me.

Crimson2v

Established Member
60k miles on my sport. Most solid reliable car I have ever owned. It moves out pretty well and the trans in it is unique to the sport. Very comfortable. Be sure to get one with the sony system and heated seats.
They are great cars and the transmission is an Aisin, I would love to own one.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
I have an 11 fwd sport that I bought new. Has 70k on it now. Overall I like the car a lot. Looks good, drives very nice and is comfortable. I am 99% highway driving and average 25 mpg. Only cons I can think of is that the doors rattle quite a bit (especially when cold) as a result of the stereo (I don't play it very loud but the bass is enough to generate rattles), fan in the dashboard has some type of irritating noise coming from it from time to time, sync is pretty glitchy and wont connect to my phone no matter what sometimes.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I really enjoy my 2010 FWD Sport. I bought it off my parents who've had it since summer 2009 when purchased new. They've never had any problems out of it and neither have I. The seats are really comfortable, the ride is pretty smooth, and the gas mileage is way better than my 2008 Mustang GT. As noted, Sync can be a pain sometimes not wanting to listen to your commands and the Sony stereo is really nice for factory. Car has right at 67,000 miles on it and I feel it has plenty left in it.

I have an 11 Sport FWD. Bought it was 36k last year. Been a good car so far. Has a slight squeal on startup, and the blower motor makes a bit of noise. Has not given me a legitimate problem yet. Put a decent set of all-seasons on it and a Steeda STB and it handles pretty good. Has power when you need it, and get decent MPG's. Really like the car!

I have an 11 fwd sport that I bought new. Has 70k on it now. Overall I like the car a lot. Looks good, drives very nice and is comfortable. I am 99% highway driving and average 25 mpg. Only cons I can think of is that the doors rattle quite a bit (especially when cold) as a result of the stereo (I don't play it very loud but the bass is enough to generate rattles), fan in the dashboard has some type of irritating noise coming from it from time to time, sync is pretty glitchy and wont connect to my phone no matter what sometimes.

Mine was making what best could be described as a "chirping" sound, like crickets. It's the bearings in the blower motor. It's a really easy part to replace and relatively cheap. There are three screws that can easily be reached under the passenger side of the dash, drop the old one out, and put the new one in. I bought an OEM one from AutoNation for $100.

nxhappy

Established Member
I have been fighting that ****ing blower motor engine code for the air injection system. Also had to swap out the T-stat, which was a huge PITA.

1997Slobrah

No
Established Member
I just have a 12 SE but that god damn blower motor wont shut the **** up for me either. too lazy and cheap to buy a new motor so I cant complain TOO much... still a bitch.

Other than that, love the car. No issues with nearly 70k on the clock.

Users who are viewing this thread