2009 Z06 vs 2008 GT 500 with 2.9 whipple

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I told this story on another site but I don't think I have mentioned it here. So here it is for those who have not already read it on another site.

Last year at a block party a neighbor down the street ,a young lawyer, was talking about his 2009 Z06. He was trying to get my neighbor Kevin across the street to race him in his 2004 Gallardo. I have raced Kevin's Gallardo before and he lost. Kevin had a few beers didn't want to race him but suggested he try me. Kevin doesn't know much about cars and doesn't know my car has a blower upgrade anyway. Anyway the Z06 owner laughed and said it wouldn't even be a good race for him and he would kill my GT 500. Kevin assured him he might be surprised.

Anyway His Z06 is stock and if my car was stock I'm sure he would have been correct. I told him I would race him from a dig to 150mph. He agreed and we gave Kevin $100 each to hold for the winner . We proceeded to a highway service road with no entrances or exits for a couple of miles. The spot is in Northern Mexico.

Using my line lock I did a substantial burn out to heat my DR's and to psych out my opponent. :dw:Anyway Kevin gave the start signal and it was game on. . I kept the tires on the edge of breaking lose until around 80 and then went WOT. The Z06 was having his problems with traction and rapidly dropped behind. I didn't feel the need to slam the gears but I did shift rapidly but carefully.

As agreed upon I shut it down at 150mph. He gave a little fly by but returned to talk with me and Kevin. He said it was the first race he had lost since buying the Z06. He said he was going to need some mods, I'm suggested the name of a local tuner shop that specializes in Corvettes. I'll be sure to ask his mods if we ever race in the future. I have to say taking money from a lawyer beats giving money to lawyers any day of the week but the lawyers are still ahead of me in the money game. :lol1:

ramstein

Established Member
Nice kill, he will have more respect for mustangs now. I'm curious how a pullied gt 500 would do against c6Z.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Way to shut him up. I'm a Z owner but I hate when the uninformed get all mouthy just because they spent a few bucks. The Gallardo guy apparently learned that lesson.

Having said the above I can say that if he was running the stock run-flats, they're absolutely awful and impossible to hook. Once I changed mine it made a ton of difference. I'd think the outcome might be somewhat closer though I wouldn't expect even that to keep him up with a 700 hp car like yours.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wish you had this on video. Good kill though.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I'm sure he was running his stock tires. I'm sure it would have been closer if he had DR's on.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
If we have 2nd round I'll be sure to get it on tape.

Considering the only video you have ever provided was you beating on a older 400 hp M5 with your 700 rwhp monster , I doubt you will have the video.

Can a Whipple shelby beat a C6Z, HELL YEAH and in no way am I questioning that but I just dont think you have a 0-150 mph in you. :poke:
:-D Please post the vid though if you do have it

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Considering the only video you have ever provided was you beating on a older 400 hp M5 with your 700 rwhp monster , I doubt you will have the video.

Can a Whipple shelby beat a C6Z, HELL YEAH and in no way am I questioning that but I just dont think you have a 0-150 mph in you. :poke:
:-D Please post the vid though if you do have it

What can I say I'm video challenged.
1361.gif

Here is the pathetic video you requested :lol:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQNWfrImd0"]YouTube - GT 500 modded VS BMW M% Modded[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread