2008 Shelby wont start......Shelby gurus come in

RSAGT500

Established Member
If you aren't seeing the odometer you have something else wrong other than the starter. Do the headlight thing, if that doesn't work try what I suggested.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
We have checked about everything we can think of.....

I talked with a tech at the dealer today about it while I was getting the wife's oil changed and he first thought it was the PCM relay because the mileage showed all dashes and no numbers....so I called him while at the dealer and had him swap the PCM relay with another relay....that got the mileage to show back up, but still nothing happens when you turn the key to crank the car....I talked a little more with the Ford tech and he said that since the battery was disconnected for so long, the key could have lost its programming....The tech said he has seen cars come in for an oil change and when they go to crank the car after the oil change, it will not do anything because the key had lost its programming....He said that one way to tell was to see if the anti-theft light flashed while trying to crank it....it does.....

it is like the starter is not getting any signal that the key is in the crank position....I had him switch it on and I jumped the solenoid with a screw driver and it would turn over, but that was it....didn't even try to fire up....just spun....but it will not spin from the key....

We are stumped on this one....If the PATS is not the issue, we are about out of ideas :bash:

Last edited:

Biltforspeed351

Not just another Foxbody.
Established Member
Just wanted to post a quick update. Car is running again. Turned out a wire was broken and not making good contact between ignition and starter from the original wreck of the Shelby. SO now I am in a mad dash to get it finished off to get to Mustang Week. Thanks for all the input guys. Nice to see to community come together to help others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread