2008 Shelby GT500 pullied

fatalis

Established Member
Car ended up making 556rwhp in a 98° testing environment. A little mad it wasn't cooler but I'll retest it this fall. Happy still considering most people said I'd only make 520-530. I'll post dyno sheet when I pick the car up tonight.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Car ended up making 556rwhp in a 98° testing environment. A little mad it wasn't cooler but I'll retest it this fall. Happy still considering most people said I'd only make 520-530. I'll post dyno sheet when I pick the car up tonight.

Dynos are tuning tools only, I guarantee if you dynoed on the dyno I use, you would be 520-530 rwhp. You just made more power than 95% of the guys with a pulley, CAI tune and maybe a couple other bolt ons..... I would lean to the majority for accuracy.

fatalis

Established Member
Maybe your dyno is set different then mine or something. He said he has done 3 of these with identical mods prior to mine and all 3 made 570-580 under normal temperatures. Most people on here are predicting 530-560 on my other two posts about the car. I will attach the dyno sheet so you can see proof. Maybe I use dyno that shows stronger? Or maybe I have a better tuner? Another guy on another post of mine made near identical numbers with the same upgrades

fatalis

Established Member
I will included a parts list too. Maybe there's something I didn't included that makes a huge difference.

fatalis

Established Member
photo.php

Last edited:

gearhead08

Established Member
Congrats on numbers... most 11s and 12s have higher numbers because they can run more agressive tunes because knock sensors will pull timing for them if octane isnt there. So hopefully you have good gas all the time and it never varys. Like stated 2007-10 520-530rwhp is norm. Its possible to get that high with aggressive tuning though.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Congrats on numbers... most 11s and 12s have higher numbers because they can run more agressive tunes because knock sensors will pull timing for them if octane isnt there. So hopefully you have good gas all the time and it never varys. Like stated 2007-10 520-530rwhp is norm. Its possible to get that high with aggressive tuning though.

But remember that the 11/12 knock sensors are sensitive and will pull timing quick.

musclefan21

Established Member
guaranteed you will pick another 15-20hp and 10-15tq on a cool fall air. As i said, someone l knew made 574/574 with the same mods on a cool day. The same dyno my pullied cobra made 455/478 which is the norm for the cobra. so the dyno was a normal reading dyno and he made that power.

i dont like your a/f line though. a good tuner gets that line straight all the way across. yours is up an down a lot.

Last edited:

fatalis

Established Member
Yeah now that I have the bill, the mods were high flow cat, magna flow cat back, CAI, pulley, heat exchanger, spark plugs. I think that's it if I remember correctly I can find the parts sheet.

fatalis

Established Member
But yes, he said to expect about 580 on an average temperature day. Not a huge fan of the exhaust tone so long tubes and a test pipe may be in the near future. He said don't go no cats because people complain they are very loud even if they like loud exhausts...I was forgetting that I'm 24 and most people who drive these things are in they're 40s+

Users who are viewing this thread