2008 LS3 vette finally in the 10's!

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Thursday night I finally hit my ultimate goal of running in the 10's with my 2008 LS3 vette!! The weather down here in Florida thursday night at Bradenton motorsports park was awesome so I decided to head to the track to see if I can hit my goal of running 10.99 lol. Well I was able to beat that! I got to the track only let the car cool down enough to change my tires over so about 15-20 min. Took the car up to the line and was able to bust off this!
Not only was I impressed with my time but that MPH! With what little mods I have.

image.jpg

Here is a video I got of my speedo and tach for this 10.82 pass

http://youtu.be/oFx3Aa8QLB8

Quick run down of the car for those that don't know

LS3: stock heads, stock intake manifold/TB, stock clutch

Vararam CAI
American Racing 1 7/8ths long tubes, 3" ORX, c6 z06 mufflers
Vengeance Racing Kaotik cam package
Powerbond Crank pulley

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
That on a stock clutch? The et is great but very nice mph though.

And the damn LS scene has made GTO spares so valuable. I grabbed one out of a buddies car when he traded it in lol.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
That on a stock clutch? The et is great but very nice mph though.

And the damn LS scene has made GTO spares so valuable. I grabbed one out of a buddies car when he traded it in lol.

Yep stock clutch is still truckin lol finally learned how to launch this thing and not burn through it. Yeah I saw the ad on ebay and they were so cheap I couldn't not buy them. Lol ahold give me a good gain for $200

rem177

Established Member
Very nice, congrats!
I keep going back and forth between a coyote and an LS3 C6 for my next car. Ideally, I'd like to get an A6 car and do similar mods as you but I have heard some negative things about the 6L80e transmission.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Very nice, congrats!
I keep going back and forth between a coyote and an LS3 C6 for my next car. Ideally, I'd like to get an A6 car and do similar mods as you but I have heard some negative things about the 6L80e transmission.

Thanks, I had a TT coyote before this and sometimes I do miss it but the vette is just fun. I'm in the 10's NA and I don't worry about the motor at all. It handles amazing and gets awesome gas mileage. It would be very hard for me to go back.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Damn, Gotta love a Cam'd LS with full exhaust.

Congrats, it gets down with the quickness !!!

macworld

Established Member
I can't get over the mph you hit. Just Googling your mods, it looks like you have approx around $15-1600, is that correct?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I can't get over the mph you hit. Just Googling your mods, it looks like you have approx around $15-1600, is that correct?

Not even close. American racing headers are stainless and prob $1500 alone. I'd guess $3000-3500 or so. With gaskets, pushrods, cam springs locks retainers etc a typical cam kit is $850-1200 alone. Pulley, tune, drag radials, intake, etc etc.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member

Vararam intake was $379
Vengeance racing kaotik cam package with all the upgrades $1750
American racing headers and x pipe with c6 z06 mufflers I bought used so a complete exhaust system for $1500 so saved a little money there.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
any LS powered vette properly modded is a serious thread and deadly fast if driven right.

your MPH is so strong! This car would make a bottom 10s coyote look stupid on the highway.. must be fun!

If only vettes had 4 seats! lol

nice car...

Users who are viewing this thread