2008 Cobras?

punky

Eric Cartman Wannabe :)
Established Member
Hi all. My appologies if this has mentioned, I have searched, and can't find anything about it.

We all know about the 2007 Cobra coming, but has anyone heard if they will run it for at least another year after that? With the rush & demand, and probably my financies, I am thinking of skipping the first year and getting a second year model. I know it seems a bit premature but I like to plan ahead somewhat.

Has anyone heard if Ford intend to keep the model running, or is it a one off? Would the 08 still be a Shelby Cobra, or just a Cobra?

Another reason I am thinking of skipping thr first run of cobras is that historically the first run of any all-new car has been buggy, even if the components aren't new, but borrowed from other sources. Does anyone think honestly if this is going to be a problem or just worrying unnecessarily?

Oh one more thing I can't find yet, has anyone heard of any rumours about production figures for the '07?

Thanx in advance guys :)

chuckstang

Established Member
I heard around 8000 and I have not heard anything about continued production into 08...so who knows but I too am worried about first year problems because I think I am going to have to buy one! haha

Squeeler92

punky said:
Hi all. My appologies if this has mentioned, I have searched, and can't find anything about it.

We all know about the 2007 Cobra coming, but has anyone heard if they will run it for at least another year after that? With the rush & demand, and probably my financies, I am thinking of skipping the first year and getting a second year model. I know it seems a bit premature but I like to plan ahead somewhat.

Has anyone heard if Ford intend to keep the model running, or is it a one off? Would the 08 still be a Shelby Cobra, or just a Cobra?

Another reason I am thinking of skipping thr first run of cobras is that historically the first run of any all-new car has been buggy, even if the components aren't new, but borrowed from other sources. Does anyone think honestly if this is going to be a problem or just worrying unnecessarily?

Oh one more thing I can't find yet, has anyone heard of any rumours about production figures for the '07?

Thanx in advance guys :)

My guess is that they will sit back and see how sales do the first few monthes and go from there. If they do sell well, they will continue production and make improveme.....they will bring it back for another year.... :lol1:

jshen

Established Member
My Guess Too

WorkHorse09 said:
My guess is that they will sit back and see how sales do the first few monthes and go from there. If they do sell well, they will continue production and make improveme.....they will bring it back for another year.... :lol1:

If they don't sell because Ford backed out on concept car and made it "cheaper" in every respect...less power, brakes...etc.they will not likely sell all cars..and Mgt. will kill project. It's all in Ford's hands. If they come out with a super killer car...they will sell them all...in spades...more they can produce...If it's a limp wristed version of the show car....Well, I know a few who will be buying vetts .....We all hope they make the "right" decision...

Dave07997S

Established Member
For the project to make any money Ford will build these for awhile. In fact HTT already stated in addtion to the Ford GT500 there will be other speciality Mustangs coming down the pike...I'm praying for a 400hp N/A 5.0L DOHC with a IRS and light weight components and moving the damm battery to the rear as most other good handling cars have. At least they moved it to the other side of the engine. Dave

Users who are viewing this thread