2007 to 2013 TVS swap questions

Nasty500

Banned
So I bought a 2013 tvs and elbow that was ported by stegemeier and has a 2.4 tp swap onto my 2007. I currently have a JLT 123mm intake and a 2.5 pulley on the stock blower. If I stay with the stock throttle body can I run the 2.4 and not have to touch the fuel? Or would I be better off putting my 2.5 on to be safe? Seems like the biggest variable is the porting and I'm not sure how much that adds but my goal is to stay on stock fuel if I can for a while. If not then I can go with a bap and injectors but I would have to hold off a while on the install and would like to put it on soon if I can do it safely. I wanted to see what you guys thought about what I will most likely put down power wise.

I'm going to give VMP a call after the holidays and have them do the tune but wanted to pick everyone else's brains too.

fullboogie

Established Member
Nobody can answer that question - you have to datalog. I think you'll find that you need at least injectors and/or BAP.

fatalis

Established Member
Ive heard with these cars at power levels (600-625rwhp+) will need a clutch a one piece driveshaft. These are the weakest points in the car from the factory. Once I break the 600rwhp barrier I'm going to get the clutch taken care of. The shaft is done.

Nasty500

Banned
Ive heard with these cars at power levels (600-625rwhp+) will need a clutch a one piece driveshaft. These are the weakest points in the car from the factory. Once I break the 600rwhp barrier I'm going to get the clutch taken care of. The shaft is done.

Never heard that. I know several guys running stock clutches and ds. Usually people start doing driveshafts at 700+.
Lately it seems like a tvs is most guys first mod. Nobody seems to do intake and pulley anymore they just do a tvs and go from there. But from my understanding you run out of fuel before you run out of clutch.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member

Edit: If you're running the stock '07 clutch, just keep an eye on it. I'd recommend at least upgrading to the "TSB" clutch.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I have a 11, so its a little different for me as far as fuel goes. Though if you decide to go with this, I can answer a few things.

With a 2.4 upper pulley, you will boost 17lbs. I believe with a 2.5 you will be at 15 lbs. I would want to go with a Boost-a -pump with the system. I would probably do injectors as well. It seems you have the other pieces already, so you will not bottle neck the system.

As far a the DS goes, I have had a DSS for a bit..even before I did my upgrade. My stock clutch called it quits when I hit 610. I helped it for sure, but that's when it went. Hope some of this helps.

Reis racing

Established Member
When I did my stock Tvs with low timing I had the stock inj but close to maxing it out, u should atleast get the 13 stock inj while changing the blower.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
I would get some 2013 injectors to put on at minimum, very easy to change and you have to pull the rails off anyways, I would do that and then put the tvs on, then go to the dyno and see what happens, if you needbaps then buy some after and go back to dyno, but 13 injectors are cheap and 95sc on here s buying all stock 47# injectors so u can sell yours to him to free up some money.

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
I have stock tvs pulley and stock fuel and im maxed at 6,500rpm. Get a bap and injectors for sure. But, u need to datalog to be sure of what u need.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
No rails needed, and in traded my stock injectors and 45 bucks and got 13 ones, they are $22 each new from ford or try ebay or market section on here

JimIII@jdm

I would recommend a set of 72lb or ID1000 injectors and call get it custom tuned. Call it a day, Your fuel pump should be able to support upwards of 700+ RWHP before requiring any other upgrade. The larger injectors will allow you to run a lower base fuel pressure and control how much duty cycle is put on the pumps. With what you have you stand to make 600-650 RWHP depending on how aggressive the tune is or other supporting factors. Good luck, if you need any help contact us at 732-780-0770 we build these combinations daily for our customers!

JimIII@JDM

Venom07

Established Member
Get 2013 injectors and BAP and you will be fine. Im making 633 rwhp on mustang dyno with this combo and according to my tuner, only at 75% duty cycle on fuel system. Very inexpensive and easy install.

Nasty500

Banned
Get 2013 injectors and BAP and you will be fine. Im making 633 rwhp on mustang dyno with this combo and according to my tuner, only at 75% duty cycle on fuel system. Very inexpensive and easy install.

Well I know I'll be fine with them I was trying to find out if I was fine without them but it sounds like no. Unless I were to go to like a stock pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread