2007 GT500 (Considering purchasing) What mods are these?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Wow Tob, why don't you tell us how you really feel!

Just trying a mix of deadpan and alliteration.

I suppose profanely bulbous would be a more accurate descriptor. My dalliance with stock form '07-'09 GT500's was indeed, short lived. That car may have potential, but as is, that car needs a makeover!

cluscher

Established Member
The stock airbox with pulley is a dead give away to run. Of course I couldn't take it to the next level as Sir Van did, but you don't need to be a GT500 tech guru to figure out this one is a no go.

res0n0xg

Established Member
I had an idea that the car had a bunch more mods on it previously, the car still could be tuned for sure, just because the stock airbox was put back on, it's hard to say. Given that I'm in Dallas there are tons of shops all over, I use HPP usually for tuning when I had my 03 Cobra and I was thinking of having them perform an inspection and leakdown test on the motor to really tell me what was done.

the problem i'm having is I can get the car for ~27K

Van@RevanRacing

Compression and Leak down would insure confidence for sure.

I'd inspect the plugs and fuel filter and look in the rear for a previous Boost A Pump install just so you have an idea of what your getting. Get up underneath it as well and go through the suspension and drive train as best as possible. I'd get the VIN and get the service work detail.

res0n0xg

Established Member
My true hope is that it had a fuel system put in, ideally injectors and a BAP or maybe more. As i would run e85

Van@RevanRacing

My true hope is that it had a fuel system put in, ideally injectors and a BAP or maybe more. As i would run e85

Highly doubt there was a fuel system of any sort including injectors left on the car. Looks like a typical return to stock. If you look in the trunk and pull the bottom cover out to access the wheel well if you see two holes in the side of the wheel well there was probably a boost a pump mounted there or quite possibly still there.

Users who are viewing this thread