2007 GT500 (Considering purchasing) What mods are these?

res0n0xg

Established Member
Hi guys, looking at this car, the little dealer has no idea what mods it has. I can tell right off it's been pullied, seems like a non stock catback, looks to have a moroso intercooler tank, guy also said something about oil pan or catch can? He said something is causing the oil pressure gauge to read zero that had to do with the mods, any ideas on what that would be?

Here are all the pictures I have of it :

Vehicle Image

Price is pretty good, carfax is clean, but something seems off.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
It has the upper pulley like you said.

Also I see there is a barton shifter in there (good!)

No catch cans.

dual moroso tanks

Can't tell what exhaust by pics, but they are all pretty good in performance, just sound is subjective

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I would ask if it's been tuned and if so, where is the handheld.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
If something seems off in your gut just walk away.

I've made that mistake. I didn't listen to my gut and got bit.

Not a fan of the subs....

Looks like Flowmaster's but it's too hard to tell.

Good luck and listen to your gut.

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
Any shots of under neath the car? Would help to see if the car had more exhaust work done to it, suspension, AL driveshaft, etc.

I would also install an idler pulley for your upper as well. If you bought it that is.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Hi guys, looking at this car, the little dealer has no idea what mods it has. I can tell right off it's been pullied, seems like a non stock catback, looks to have a moroso intercooler tank, guy also said something about oil pan or catch can? He said something is causing the oil pressure gauge to read zero that had to do with the mods, any ideas on what that would be?

Here are all the pictures I have of it :

Vehicle Image

Price is pretty good, carfax is clean, but something seems off.

For starters....................

The car has a smaller pulley on the supercharger. The problem here is the the original owner took off the CAI and re-installed the OEM Air Box, reflashed the car to stock. With a smaller upper pulley you will peg the MAF Meter on the stock air box and that can create all sorts of problems most importantly, engine damage.

And based on the fuel cross over going around the back of the supercharger and the little heat shield still on the fuel line to the left,

DING DING!!! This car had a Kenne Bell Supercharger on it at some point.

I'd walk. All it takes is a couple of WOT hits by "someone" with the way the car sits and you could have a "problem"

Trust your gut and walk, I would just based on that one engine bay shot because you just don't know.

van

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
This may sound stupid but check the exhaust manifolds, I purchased an 08 with a stock manifold on the pass side and ford racing shorty on driver side. Finally got the used car dealership to pay me 750 to cover my labor to have long tube headers installed.

fullboogie

Established Member
Damn, Van - good catch.

And +1 on the handheld. I passed on a low mileage Shelby in Dallas because it had been modded, but the handheld was MIA. I didn't want to deal with the headache of getting it reflashed at the dealer, then retuned by someone else.

EDIT!!!!! I just noticed you are in Dallas - that looks exactly like the car I was looking at a year ago! That may be it - run away!

Last edited:

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Therea are a bunch of good cars to be had in Dallas...just look around! I have even entertained selling mine (once in a while)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't want to call it ugly but I guess that example of the once "most powerful production Mustang to date" looks lopsided, bloated, and void of precision. In stock form that car blares out 'blah' in a much muffled monotone...

Users who are viewing this thread