2007-2009 GT500 performance modifications

vankuen

Established Member
I'd like to get a feel for what the "common" setup is for this vehicle in terms of engine upgrades. I've done some research online, and on a couple forums (this one included) and wanted to create this thread as a confirmation of my findings.

From what I can tell...there's three ways to go

1. Do a supercharger upgrade to include the tune and call it a day
2. Do a power package like Evolution performance with all the peripheral pieces like intake, exhaust, pulley, a/w heat exchanger and tune
3. Do both (those with a little more cash)

So for all you 07-09's out there...what do you have in terms of ENGINE and DRIVETRAIN modifications?! I'd personally like to get at least 600hp to the wheels and at most 800hp. If I find that the cost between the HP numbers is negligible, obviously the higher HP package will get the win.

Last edited:

Q8_Shelby

Ford Mens Factory
Established Member
Do both trust me on this you won't regret it.
Are you doing the install?

sharke

Established Member
Looking backwards an aftermarket blower is probably the way to go. But now that I'm headed down my own path its not so bad. I will probably make about 600 hp all said and done but then I will mostly be capped out.

Spitfire_GT

Back in the saddle
Established Member
if over 600RWHP is your goal, aftermarket blower no question. Don't waste $1k plus installs and tuning- just to end up buying the blower upgrade later. Do it right the first time.

Don't ask me which blower tho...:lol: :burn: that starts fights.

EX1

Established Member
If you would be happy with 600-620rwhp you can do that with the stock blower and save money. Just depends on what power level you will be satisfied with.

Kostas

Established Member
After market blower all the way. It will take you to 620-650rwhp more efficiently and you'll have the option to take it further if you decide to do so. Unless you are the exeption to the term "it never ends" Lol...

vankuen

Established Member
I was thinking blower but man that's some cash. But I'm so used to building up cars where you start with getting all the supporting stuff out of the way like the intake, exhaust, and suspension. I appreciate the insight though from you guys who've done it before me on this car.

I just look at the HP increase from the blower alone and look at the money spent and it doesn't seem like you get the same value for your dollar, and I'll have to get a different hood or lower the engine...

Also...what mods and hp do you guys have on your cars?

Grunnsetning

Established Member
I was thinking blower but man that's some cash. But I'm so used to building up cars where you start with getting all the supporting stuff out of the way like the intake, exhaust, and suspension. I appreciate the insight though from you guys who've done it before me on this car.

I just look at the HP increase from the blower alone and look at the money spent and it doesn't seem like you get the same value for your dollar, and I'll have to get a different hood or lower the engine...

Also...what mods and hp do you guys have on your cars?
Negative. The Whipple 2.9 will fit under the stock hood and strut brace, same with the TVS. The Kenne Bell only requires a notch on the underside of the factory hood. Only the Whipple 3.4 requires a different hood or lower the engine.
All are EXCELLENT choices.

mustangray

Established Member
I can understand your dilemma I went pulley headers/exhaust,C.A.I,T.B. I spent just under $6000. including suspension & clutch upgrades and I feel that I got more for my money I still would like the supercharger upgrade but now I feel the car is set up better to handle a major power increase.
Here is some info I hope it helps :
Bassani headers alone were good for 49hp on the dyno
2.6 pulley gave me just over 13psi of boost ,my air charge temp stayed the same and the out side air temp was 90 and on the dyno I did 643 rwhp at 6000rpm

Users who are viewing this thread