2006 Panoz Esperante GTLM with terminator engine swap

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Esperante's have always used Cobra motors, and if you noticed they even use the SVT guages.

I really like them, they are pretty unique cars, and to have that 4.6s/c under the hood just makes it that much better.

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
aren't all the NEWER esperantes with the 03/04 motor setup with the blower? sexy cars though, one of my favs in PGR 3 :D

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That interior is :poke: . I do like a 03-04 Cobra engine in a 3200lb car though..:coolman:

BloodSoup

Established Member
i used to work at a car lot that sold those. they are kinda gay. but they used to sell the panoz roadster, and they had a kenne bell put on one.

Deftones

Established Member
I read an article about those in Motor Trend back in the day. Panoz bought a bunch of 03/04 Cobra Motors from Ford to through in these cars. They come stock with that motor. The car is hidious but Im sure she moves.

MikeW

Established Member
Panoz has always used Cobra motors since 1993 (5.0) It makes it easier for them to pass all the vehicle mfg test.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
93tcoupe said:
Is that a joke where the gauges are in the middle like that?
What the **** is wrong with people who design these cars

haha, didn't even notice that the first time. Ya, pretty weird. It's not even angled to the driver. Seems like you would really have to lean over to see anything.

Mysticobra04

forbanger said:
These cars also use the cobra motor and they use to be the worlds fastest production cars until the Bugatti Veyron came out.
Check out the engine pics! Carbonfiber cover!

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/index.asp?submenu=4
Explain how they use cobra motor. I have read many articles on these cars and not it one did it say they have any ties to ford what so ever. If you could find where it says it uses the cobra motor I would like to see it. I'm not calling you a liar or anything I just haven't personally seen anything about it I've even talked to the dealer in vegas about them and they didn't even mention it.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
luvgoinfast said:
Explain how they use cobra motor. I have read many articles on these cars and not it one did it say they have any ties to ford what so ever. If you could find where it says it uses the cobra motor I would like to see it. I'm not calling you a liar or anything I just haven't personally seen anything about it I've even talked to the dealer in vegas about them and they didn't even mention it.

Some of their previous models used a modified Ford 4.6L MOD motor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine

The Koenigsegg CCR used a modified, Rotrex supercharged Ford Modular 4-valve DOHC 4.7L V8, which produced 806 hp (601 kW), to achieve a top speed of 241 mph (388 km/h). This certified top speed broke the McLaren F1's long standing world record for fastest production car. The accomplishment was recognized by Guinness World Records in 2005, who gave the Koenigsegg CCR the official title of Worlds Fastest Production Car. This engine is the basis for Koenigsegg's twin-supercharged flexible fuel V8 seen in the CCX. The Koenigsegg record was broken several months later by the Bugatti Veyron.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
luvgoinfast said:
I have never heard or read that either, but take a good look at the engine page. They are at the very least using a Ford engine design. It is not the Cobra motor though.

Mysticobra04

Alright thanks I couldn't find it anywhere why is that all these other companies make kick ass cars with ford motors like noble, esperante and the koenigsegg. But yet ford only puts out the ford gt and the gt500.

Users who are viewing this thread