2006-2011 Full-Size AWD Sedan - Daily Driver - Under $15K - Under 80K miles

Gary Macomber

Established Member
What luxury? It's the same as any other car in the segment. Plastic with a touch of leather/suede and the option of heated/ventilated seats.

Oh and shitty MyFord Touch system.

OP back on topic, I don't like Toyota/Lexus but I wouldn't pass up a good deal on the GS. I without a doubt hate the design on the new ones, but the older ones always caught my eye.
Any Mercedes or BMW in this price range is going to be fake leather that feels like hard plastic and nearly no options. At least with the SHO you get real leather and most surfaces are covered in padded leather as opposed to painted plastic that flakes in the basement dwellings of the "luxury" brands. As for luxury options, you can get massaging seats and adaptive cruise. I haven't driven a Lexus since the mid 2000's when I had to drive a GS a couple hundred miles and will probably never again unless they changed their wide, flat, cardboard feeling seats, I was in a Dodge neon for 48 hours and felt better than after 3 in the Lexus.

Saying that, I would not recommend the SHO if you need a bunch of rear seat space. I have 2 little ones, one is still in a car seat and it is a tight fit but that is why we have a minivan when we are spending anymore than 15 minutes in the car as a family.

Zodiac

Established Member
Any Mercedes or BMW in this price range is going to be fake leather that feels like hard plastic and nearly no options. At least with the SHO you get real leather and most surfaces are covered in padded leather as opposed to painted plastic that flakes in the basement dwellings of the "luxury" brands. As for luxury options, you can get massaging seats and adaptive cruise. I haven't driven a Lexus since the mid 2000's when I had to drive a GS a couple hundred miles and will probably never again unless they changed their wide, flat, cardboard feeling seats, I was in a Dodge neon for 48 hours and felt better than after 3 in the Lexus.

Saying that, I would not recommend the SHO if you need a bunch of rear seat space. I have 2 little ones, one is still in a car seat and it is a tight fit but that is why we have a minivan when we are spending anymore than 15 minutes in the car as a family.

It is my understanding that the when the new SHO came out it was all hard plastic and cheaper leather. The refresh (2013?) supposedly fixed some of that. I don't know I haven't been in one since 2012? I've never been in a GS so I can't compare.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If it were me, id find a '10 Fusion Sport AWD, or a SHO.

Charger AWD only comes with the v6 right? If so, that will be quite anemic.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B

lil smaller than some other cars but can be had in a 5 or 6 speed mansmission depending on year and is pretty reliable.

edit: missed the part about the tall family, nevermind.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If it were me, id find a '10 Fusion Sport AWD, or a SHO.

Charger AWD only comes with the v6 right? If so, that will be quite anemic.

I don’t think the newest Charger Hemi’s can be had with AWD, but you can get the older ones with AWD and a Hemi.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Thanks for everyone’s helps and suggestions. Have narrowed it down to a Lexus GS350 AWD and a Infiniti M45X Sport. Driving both tomorrow and leaving with the one that I feel is the best.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Thanks for everyone’s helps and suggestions. Have narrowed it down to a Lexus GS350 AWD and a Infiniti M45X Sport. Driving both tomorrow and leaving with the one that I feel is the best.

The main swaying point for the M45X would be the V8, but either car would be nice DD's.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
2011 Subaru Legacy. It's classified as a mid-size, but it probably has more room than a Taurus. The Taurus is a gigantic car with no interior space, especially not for tall people.

What's special about 2006 - 2011? You could get a 2014 Hyundai Azera in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread