2006-2011 Full-Size AWD Sedan - Daily Driver - Under $15K - Under 80K miles

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I have been researching and looking for a used full-size AWD sedan as a daily driver. I have a family of four and all of us are tall therefore need something larger opposed to midsize. So far, I have looked at the following two vehicles: 2006-2011 Lexus GS300/350/400/etc., Infiniti M37X solely due to not being able to think of another make and model that at least meets my criteria.

2006-2011, AWD, Sedan, 80,000 miles or less and under $15,000

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Recon

Established Member
All good options. I'd most likely go for the SHO, personally.
I'd stay away from Europe. That is unless you have deep pockets.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
All good options. I'd most likely go for the SHO, personally.

^^^^^This! The SHO would be a great choice. Used German cars are only a bargain until something breaks and it will...When it does, you had better be prepared to spread your ass cheeks and receive ****.

trxcobra

Established Member
Lexus GS350. I have owned my 2008 for almost 3 years and 45k (from 60k-105k) miles now, not a single issue. Comfortable, 300hp, great car.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member

It's hit or miss. My wife traded her 08 Mercedes C300 in with 103k miles on it. Never once in the shop for anything other than oil changes and brakes. I had way more problems with my 2012 Raptor...

Zodiac

Established Member
I'd say along with your GS/M37x to look at Chargers/300 as well, preferably with the 8 speed auto.

I'd avoid the SHO as you say you are a tall family, it may look big on the outside but it's cramped as **** on the inside.

Recon

Established Member
^^^^^This! The SHO would be a great choice. Used German cars are only a bargain until something breaks and it will...When it does, you had better be prepared to spread your ass cheeks and receive ****.

Now you know why they're cheap. No one wants to pay the repairs on one. One thing we've noticed is with every subsequent generation they're become more complicated to fix and reliability is in question (more frequent repairs). Now 80's euro cars, you couldn't kill them with a gun. Today's euro cars are so delicate its ridiculous.
Had a customer of mine come in for some maintenance and it needed spark plugs. He nearly had a heart attack when I told him the price. Being it was a twin plug V8. Bet he's sure glad he didn't get the twin plug V12.

sosslow

Established Member
A Sho is going to need its water pump/timing chain replaced around 90k. A bunch of motors have popped from coolant from the water pump going into the oil.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
A Sho is going to need its water pump/timing chain replaced around 90k. A bunch of motors have popped from coolant from the water pump going into the oil.

First I heard of that. I did trade our 11 SHO at 78K or 87K miles for the V coupe. But we had the 13 xsport until 93K. Both cars had one issue and it was the same on both. The passenger side AC got stuck on full blast cold. Other than that both tuned since new and beaten on daily. Sho went 12.9, Xsport 13.4.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
+1 on the Charger/300, as someone else mentioned they have more interior space than the SHO.

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
Lexus GS350. I have owned my 2008 for almost 3 years and 45k (from 60k-105k) miles now, not a single issue. Comfortable, 300hp, great car.
Same, I have an '07 GS 350 with AWD and it's a great car. It's definitely more luxury focused vs the performance of an SHO, but deceptively fast. If you go with a GS, definitely get an 07+. They used a 3.0 liter 240hp engine in 06 as opposed to the more desirable 300hp 3.5L in 07 and up.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Thank you for all of the suggestions and help and I apologize for my delayed reply.

I currently own a GMC Duramax Denali 2500HD, my wife drives a Tahoe and I have a built Trailblazer SS as my toy. So having something with power isn't THAT important, if it was I would grab an older TT 5 series. That said having something that is more luxury based opposed to Detroit Muscle.

Zodiac

Established Member
SHO luxury > Charger

What luxury? It's the same as any other car in the segment. Plastic with a touch of leather/suede and the option of heated/ventilated seats.

Oh and shitty MyFord Touch system.

OP back on topic, I don't like Toyota/Lexus but I wouldn't pass up a good deal on the GS. I without a doubt hate the design on the new ones, but the older ones always caught my eye.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread