2005 5.4 3V missing at WOT

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
This is all pretty funny (not really) since the same to similar problem is going on with my parents F150 right now.

The dealership they bought it from was a local Ford dealership. (Baton Rouge) They bought the truck with about 88k miles on it and the day they brought it home I noticed a pretty obvious vibration right upon start up. I would say most people wouldn't notice the vibration, but it is obvious to someone that knows a bit about cars and it was clearly coming from the motor.

In addition, it had a mid to high rpm miss that is exactly the way the op described it. Long story short, they replaced the shortblock saying that there was a stuck injector and a piston was scorched.

Now, about 22k miles later, it is doing it all over again. In actuality, I can't tell you how long it has been doing it for, but I didn't just notice it today. What gives with this crap? I have seen this subject talked about quite a bit on the web, but when I call they act like idiots llike they have never heard of a problem with these trucks before.

Sure, I should feel grateful that they replaced the ENTIRE shortblock, but even with that they didn't fix the freaking problem. NOT very comforting.

Users who are viewing this thread