2004 SuperCooler Technology

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I have been told that the SuperCooler Technology used on the 2004-2005 Lightning will also be avaliable for the previous lightning models. Ford says its a gain of 50 hp. But everyone else is saying it could easy be a gain of 75-100hp. Has anybody heard anything about this for our trucks? For more info on this you can go here. http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/163_0308_lit/index1.html

Helix

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Yeah thats the word on the grape vine. Just a kit your will be able to order from Ford. I think it is still under warranty. Doesn't change nothing. Hope the roomers are true. Wonder what kind of price tag it will carry?

Helix

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Originally posted by Helix
Yeah thats the word on the grape vine. Just a kit your will be able to order from Ford. I think it is still under warranty. Doesn't change nothing. Hope the roomers are true. Wonder what kind of price tag it will carry?

Helix

If Ford sells and installs it, it'll be high. It'd be a nice add on though that's for sure :D

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
But if thats the case. Then not far after its release the aftermarket world will get a hold of it. Then they will engineer it to be better with there patient design. Then, they will probably offer it for the Cobra as well and you will be able to get it in different horsepower levels. 50hp, 75hp, 100hp, 150hp so on and so forth. But for the higher hp gains not only will your motor have to support it but you will more then likely have to upgrade your air conditioning system as well. And possibly your intercooler. They could sell that in different kits also. Then they may find away for every SC motor to adapt it. The mini coopers for instance.

Just thinking into what the future may hold for this new technology gained in the supercharger/intercooler world. When does it stop? When, will we (us humans) stop advancing? Answer: we won't.

Helix

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Another modification rumor....if true, it would be a nice option to refit the older Lightnings with a SuperCooler mod.

Had an ongoing thread discussion with another member who claimed to work at a Missouri assembly plant who viewed the new prototype Lightning just off the assembly line. No employees were allowed to look inside the engine compartment, and the interior console was supposedly covered, too, no cameras allowed.

What a speculation fest..! I am saving my money because if what I suspect is true, the new 3 valve/cylinder heads & SuperCooler on the production truck are trade-in material alone....as long as the price is reasonable. The concept is usually the "wish" vehicle, and the prototype is the one that gets produced.....the "wish" vehicle is my preference, without the "banana-yellow" interior.
Anyways, as long as the new vehicle is mod-friendly and whoops ASS on Dodge, I'm happy:thumbsup:

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Not trying to get off the thread subject. But I still don't think the new 05 lightning will put a hurt'n on a lightly modded gen. 2. Especially since its suppose to come out as a 6 speed and were auto's.

Just my 02,

Helix

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I think you may have to rethink that position, heavily modded...no lightly modded, I don't know I'm thinking they were going to come out lighter as well, that combined w/ the benefits of the tumble port effect of the 2 intake valves, plus the ability to extend the already awesome torque curve of the gen 2-- 5.4 with the variable cam timing.....plus they have to have stepped up to forged internals, so geez...luweeez, pulley and a tune........stand back!:beer:

Last edited:

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I love this quote:

"When the green lamp illuminates on the dash (indicating the system is ready), just mash the throttle to the floor and the refrigerated coolant floods the intercooler for a nitrous-oxide effect, without the environmental hazards of laughing gas."

Can someone please tell me what N20 does to the environment?
I thought nothing

Aaron_01

Banned
Tire smoke cant be good for the enviroment. And Im sure they know N2O is harmless. I think its there for the emissions nazis

1fastslamdsg

Established Member
if this does come out as a kit i don't think it will be for us stock block guys, unless your going to build up the block it will be a dream.
also NOS most likely would be cheaper

my two cents

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
1fasrslamdsg,
I agree, main benefitiaries(nice spelling there jim) are going to be those w/ a lot of boost/intake heat...I'm still suprised by the amount of stock block guys running serious boost....I suppose we all have other things we need to spend our money on but.....the rods are weak, and the pistons are weaker....and lets face it, the piston speeds and loading with that 4.1 something stroke is very high... for me I would go forged at the first opportunity.....I don't like big holes w/ oil leaking out of them...did that on my 428scj, 3 seasons w/o freshning the bottom on a center oiler FE is just plain dumb...Kaboom...my bad.

Bluv69k

Established Member
Guys, has nobody ever tried a intercooler spray kit? Used on turbo air to air intercoolers. sprays ice cold nitrous or co2 on intercoolers to cool the air. I am sure you could somehow fashion a spray kit for a liquid to air intercooler giveing almost the same effects. keep the bottle in the bed and have it activate with a boost pressure switch.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Bluv69k
That has been discussed but it was decided that the time to cool it down would be to long to benificial since we are air to water.

Bluv69k

Established Member
what about a plate system to bolt between the lower intake and supercharger? and running c02 throuth tubes crossing the intake path. almost like a mustang nitrous plate system but without spraying. just have some c02 freeze tube that air must pass through

wally9404

Established Member
right now there are shops working on a turbo for our lightnings,one shop, induction concepts told me they would be 9 second trucks when they go on the market sometime next year,dont think it will be over 4500.00 for the turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread