2004 Mustang Cobra Comp Orange Convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

kccobra1

Established Member
I know I am not suppose to post this here, but wanted everyone to know about this car. Nothing to judge on how good or how bad the car was, but he wont post the original pictures so you can be the judge.

Here is the auction.

Ford : Mustang Cobra in Ford | eBay Motors

Here is the car at coparts.
Repairable 2004 FORD MUSTANG CO for sale in CA - COLTON, Lot 20848683 | Copart Auto Auction via EasyExport.us

This is the response I got back from him after I asked if it was considered light damage.

"""The pictures you have are how it left the body shop, they removed the fender Door, both front and rear bumper to do full estimate. I have been doing body work for 25 Years, and any car that just needs a fender, door and a quarter panel is consider Minor damage. The pictures make it look WAY worse that it was, The A-pillar where the door bolts up was Perfect, as was the rocker panel and the original side skirt.

People who have no experience in body repair see cars like this and think it was destroyed. I did a full walk around video of the car today, and will be adding it to the listing, so you and all the SVTP idiots who have no clue how to do body work can see first hand, this car is as nice as any car listed in the SVTP for sale section. So yes to me it was MINOR, I fixed it in less than a month, in my SPARE time.

Also the Front bumper cover has a small crack in the center, rather than fix it, I bought a new one, if you look at the pictures you sent, you will see the rear bumper is unbolted and upside down on the ground, it to was perfect, well untill the yard ran it over while loading it for me.

If your a serious buyer, and need repair pictures please let me know, if your just a Kid from SVTP looking to start issues please move along, the car speaks for it's self, lots of Cobra have had more damage than this one, and where fixed, however, that was when they where a year or so old, age and labor hours is what cause the salvage of this one.

I CHOSE TO SAVE THIS CAR RATHER THAN PART IT, NOW ALL I GET IS SHIT ABOUT FIXING IT!!!! JUST SHOWS YOU CAN'T PLEASE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING!!! Please feel free to post this reply on SVTP as well!!!"""

Well so I did...

20848683_2X.JPG

Last edited:

wsvt boost 2004

Established Member
Looks like it turned out nice to me. These cars are so rare it would be a good way to pick one up for a decent price and use as a driver.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
im sure lots of folks who are knowledgeable about auto insurance and body repair can chime in, but why would an insurance company write it as a total loss if the damage was as minor as he claims?

when i saw that the other day, i was suspicious about how the ebay seller downplayed the damage because i do remember those pics from back in june. it might make a good driver for someone but personally i would steer clear of something like that for sure.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I am happy he saved it from the scrapper or parting it out he did a good job from the looks of the pics it would never be valued the same as a non rebuilt titled one but still did a good job happy he saved it.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
i was watching that car when it ran through. sold for a bunch. It looked a little rough. I wouldn't say it was minor as that quarter was pretty smashed in. Does look nice in the pics.

cobraboy03

Established Member
OP you kind of made a fool of yourself. The seller said that he would send pics of the damage before fixed if you asked and were a serious buyer. Looks like he did and awesome job fixing it to me, glad he saved it.

kccobra1

Established Member
Cobraboy, you might want to actually read what I said. I never said anything bad about the car, just the description of the auction is playing down the damage and saying not a salvage title is somehow not a salvage title. Plus he said I could post it here so I did.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
This car lives about 5 mins from me. I assure everyone here, it's as nice as it looks in the pics. Probably nicer. The damage was all just sheet metal. I sold him a bunch of new oem parts to fix it. He might not say all the right things to people in his replies, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this car if I were looking. It really was fixed right.

1sickcobra

Banned
Im no expert and to me that car looked like S*** before, but i have to give that guy props because he sure did a wonderful job on bringing that car back to life, plus it means a lot more being comp orange.. I think this would be the only salvage tittle cobra i would consired buying.

87poopstang

Established Member
Yea I did bid on this oc. Probably going to bid again . This will be a dd if it makes it over to nj while the m/chrome sleeps in the garage

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I never chimed in because I was contemplating it some other locals already had the sellers back The car looks like new it really does and with that

SHE MOVED TWO MILES UP THE ROAD AND IS ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy right now have always talked about a COMP ORANGE car but with this car already in my back yard the fact it looks like new did no cost me 25-30k, it was a NO BRAINER it did take a few days to pull the trigger but I think tomorrow the bidding would have started to move and he wh hesitates loses…… I HONESTLY could care less about the TITLE I do not buy to resell just going to swap some wheels going to put 18in chrome saleens now then if my HRE 547R”s cooperate with the straight axel it will have those, seller has extra so he was willing to paint one a my saleen toneue covers in CO add a light bar also just louder exhaust and give it just a little more pep in the step and its DONE!!!!!! May see 5k miles in 5 years………...

Last edited:

wsvt boost 2004

Established Member
Congratulations Cobra Man on your purchase. I have had 2 comp orange coupes and in my opinion it is the best looking color on a cobra. Looks to be a super clean car. If it would have been closer to me I would have bought it.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Thank you as all the other UTAH people said anyone who bought this car sight unseen would have been very happy with there purchase again most a my cars have come from out a state so being able to see it feel it helped in this situation big time. I am still smiling and looking forward to getting it plated tomorrow and driving it. My biggest problem is I am OUT OF ROOM for cars. but always looking to buy more. After looking at the some of the sellers other collection of cars I really want a blk 93 cobra or a fox body saleen its time to get one a those……...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread