2004 cobra 9.7 @141 stock motor

Slythrin

Almo said:
the thread was started to create drama and tension between people, not to mention shops.

Very mature!

Are you off your god damn meds? What are you talking about? :bs: Remember ported heads and cams do nothing that was what all the great gods of SVT performance and modular fords came up with, so that info don’t matter according to you and your peeps. Talk about comprehension you have a serious problem in that department. And what shops are you talking about or are you starting shit again:-D ?

talk about mature........... Why are you posting in this thread :poke: ...... oh thats right to stir the pot . :fart:

Rwick7

Established Member
I can't believe this thread is still alive...kill it for gods sake. I went 9.70 on a pair of roller skates last week, pulled a 1.30 60' leaving off the stoppers.

Slythrin

stlblack03 said:
I can't believe this thread is still alive...kill it for gods sake. I went 9.70 on a pair of roller skates last week, pulled a 1.30 60' leaving off the stoppers.

:lol: yea but they wern't stock you tied the laces :banana:

BurnTire

Established Member
Shayne said:
Are you off your god damn meds? What are you talking about? :bs: Remember ported heads and cams do nothing that was what all the great gods of SVT performance and modular fords came up with, so that info don’t matter according to you and your peeps. Talk about comprehension you have a serious problem in that department. And what shops are you talking about or are you starting shit again:-D ?

talk about mature........... Why are you posting in this thread :poke: ...... oh thats right to stir the pot . :fart:

The Car has

Aftermarket Pistons with a Stock Block
Cams
Ported Heads
Full Return Fuel system
Auto
Solid Axle
Full Cage
Some weight reduction, but noting major
21 PSI
Sponsored by 50BMG JLT CAI.

It Ran 9.7 @ 141

Gentlemen
Can we put this to rest. It is a fast car.

BurnTire

Established Member
stlblack03 said:

LOL that is impressive.

Slythrin

BurnTire said:
The Car has

Cams
Ported Heads
Full Return Fuel system
Auto
Solid Axle
Full Cage
21 PSI

It Ran 9.7 @ 141

Gentlemen

And here you come to everyones rescue to stir the pot again! I though you were done with this shit. .......... Keep it up Jeff :nono:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
BurnTire said:
I didn't see the thread relating to the port job.
Can you post a link to it?

I'm not aware of any thread about it; it never was a secret.

BurnTire said:
People I involved.

Never said you involved anyone else...

BurnTire said:
You started the thread on HPS.

If I'm remembering this complete pile of horseshit situation correctly, I did not start the thread. Someone started that thread under my name; it was merged off another thread after I started talking about my old tune/how my car detonated it's ass off. Then it wound up closed at my request, then deleted by whoever and I guess we'll never see it again because I already asked for it back.

BurnTire said:
Get your facts straight before you call me out. I am the one that keeps this crap off of the local board. Don't try to make me look like the trouble maker.

In this thread your stirring the same pot of shit thats been stirred for 2 months, and my facts are straight.

BurnTire said:
I have better things to do with my time.

OK then...

BurnTire said:
you had the head thread knowledge and answer for the whole cobra community...

This has nothing to really do with you Jeff but since it was brought up...

Shayne, a shop employee, tried to share that. Low and behold he got shit on. Then it got moved to MF to add insult to injury. I'll be honest, it was quite comical to see other people basically tell Shayne on 2 national boards that he couldn't properly count to 9 looking at threads in a cylinder head with a flashlight, when they couldn't do it themselves for over 2 years.

Last edited:

BurnTire

Established Member
Shayne said:
And here you come to everyones rescue to stir the pot again! I though you were done with this shit. .......... Keep it up Jeff :nono:

James I will use your quote. I don't care who is wrong or right. "I just want to get the correct information". Is anything above that I listed incorrect mod wise?

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
stlblack03 said:

Did you drive it? Better go make sure so we don't have to spread the word 2.5 seconds after you did the run.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
BurnTire said:
James I will use your quote. I don't care who is wrong or right. "I just want to get the correct information". Is anything above that I listed incorrect mod wise?

Good quote, I'm all about getting the correct information out there.

As far as the list, I'm sure there is more stupid little things...but everything so far is right.

I'll make -another- list tomorrow... this time of all the -modded- parts so Cptn. ICan'tRead won't get confused again. I am going to post nothing but the list, then I'm going to request that this thread is locked.

EDIT: Oh, and just so everyone knows, I'm banning myself and Dan from the keyboard next update thread. One of us will start it, list off the crap, and everyone else can discuss/assume/whatever. Do not be suprised if it says "stock displacement/stock compression" in the title.

Last edited:

tony281sc2

Established Member
BurnTire said:
The Car has

Cams
Ported Heads

Full Return Fuel system
Auto
Solid Axle
Full Cage
21 PSI

It Ran 9.7 @ 141

Gentlemen

Your right, a 9.7 is very fast! But I didnt get why someone would hide the mods. :??:
Id rather have a car with a built motor than one with a stock one anyway. :idea:

BurnTire

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Good quote, I'm all about getting the correct information out there.

As far as the list, I'm sure there is more stupid little things...but everything so far is right.

I'll make -another- list tomorrow... this time of all the -modded- parts so Cptn. ICan'tRead won't get confused again. I am going to post nothing but the list, then I'm going to request that this thread is locked.

EDIT: Oh, and just so everyone knows, I'm banning myself and Dan from the keyboard next update thread. One of us will start it, list off the crap, and everyone else can discuss/assume/whatever. Do not be suprised if it says "stock displacement/stock compression" in the title.

Oh your killing me. LOL

Your old thread is still there. I will not restore it unless Dan wants me to. I keep my word on things like that.

The blue head thread didn't even start off about the head threads. It was just a question about the paint. I don't recall anything bad on MF relating to the thread. The end result was total clarification and a means for anyone to determine the number of threads in their heads by counting full turns to remove the plugs.

Stock Displacement Sounds Good.

Last edited:

Slythrin

BurnTire said:
The Car has

Cams
Ported Heads
Full Return Fuel system
Auto
Solid Axle
Full Cage
21 PSI

It Ran 9.7 @ 141

Gentlemen

True Mod list I went to the on board computer and printed it out
Get your facts strait

Don’t forget that I striped the car down and had the body acid dipped, the motor is actually a VT 324 with a set of cobra R heads, I also had the crank knife edged to cut down on rotating weight, the cams are custom ground to hold up to the 2.8 Kenne bell , the block is a 96 cobra block, there is nothing inside the car except the drivers seat and a steering wheel, the tires are filled with helium to cut down on weight, I run c-16 fuel with 180# injectors, the car also supports a dry sump to add horse power, the Oliver Rods hold it all together, we are also running high compression for more power we have cut all the insides panels to save weigh, we removed the 7# beams from inside the doors as well , all the windows have been replaced with Lexan replacements the car weighs in @ 2700#s lets don’t forget the Methanol with the 300 shot of nitrous that is set up on a progressive shot oh and lets don’t forget about the PRO shot fogger system. Is there anything I forgot?

Last edited by a moderator:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
tony281sc2 said:
But I didnt get why someone would hide the mods. :??:

Mother of God...

THE MODS WERE NEVER HIDDEN. THE MODS WERE DISCLOSED IN DAN'S 3RD POST

BurnTire

Established Member
Shayne said:
True Mod list I went to the on board computer and printed it out
Get your facts strait

Don’t forget that I striped the car down and had the body acid dipped, the motor is actually a VT 324 with a set of cobra R heads, I also had the crank knife edged to cut down on rotating weight, the cams are custom ground to hold up to the 2.8 Kenne bell , the block is a 96 cobra block, there is nothing inside the car except the drivers seat and a steering wheel, the tires are filled with helium to cut down on weight, I run c-16 fuel with 180# injectors, the car also supports a dry sump to add horse power, the Oliver Rods hold it all together, we are also running high compression for more power we have cut all the insides panels to save weigh, we removed the 7# beams from inside the doors as well , all the windows have been replaced with Lexan replacements the car weighs in @ 2700#s lets don’t forget the Methanol with the 300 shot of nitrous that is set up on a progressive shot oh and lets don’t forget about the PRO shot fogger system. Is there anything I forgot?

Sorry Dan I stand corrected.
You forgot the Jato Bottle to give you a little extra thrust.
I saw it in the trunk and afterburner outlet under the license plate.
Your not fooling me.:D

blastoff.gif

Last edited:

Slythrin

oh dont for get about the painless wirring system along with the big stuff electronics, we are currently setting the car up to run on NITRO METHANE maybe we can get a tenth or two our of it then we will post more videos of our stock motored run. Hell I think next time Ill claim factory stock

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Shayne said:

Wow thats most of Akuma's mods :lol1: :coolman:

You also forgot Doug the driver mod...

Last edited:

Slythrin

Lets don’t forget the twin turbos along with the Turbo incabulator to spool the kenne bell this was the main mod I did while I was smoking crack how else do you think we ran that -1.3 60’

Users who are viewing this thread