2003 whipple/cammed takes new zo6!!!

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I'm done.
We'll see soon enough who is right and who is wrong. I've posted my opinion and data to back it...believe what you'd like.
S.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
czwalga00gt said:
Way to add to it!
It's now so much better because of your comment. :thumbsup:

I am not a person that you will want to try and be a dick to. :poke:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I am not a person that you will want to try and be a dick to. :poke:

I know I know, you're a mod. HISSMAN > czwalga00gt

I appologize your excellency. :bowdown:

I'm just having fun, dont take it seriously. :beer:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
well whats wait till 2008 or so. then rarely will any cobra stand a chance less it has near 700hp

In case the information has been tainted with trackable "disinformation" I will summarize but must be vague. I do not rule this out as being an intentional leak.

- The "Corvette SS" undeniably a go.
- We are at the very beginning of the program.
- Will be limited #s
- Not indicated to be "blue devil".
- Will be outfitted with a "charged" LS9.
- This will be a Corvette-only motor not to be in a caddy.
- The LS9 is a smaller displacement motor than the LS7. <----
- The "Corvette SS" will be top dog, Z06 will not be.
- Well over 600 HP.

DocHolliday01

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
well whats wait till 2008 or so. then rarely will any cobra stand a chance less it has near 700hp

In case the information has been tainted with trackable "disinformation" I will summarize but must be vague. I do not rule this out as being an intentional leak.

- Will be limited #s
- Well over 600 HP.

what relivance does that have to the Z06 vs. 03-03 Cobra debate??

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:

- Will be limited #s
- Well over 600 HP.

and how much money is that gonna be???

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
well the debate has turned into a mild cobra vs Z06. i tend to believe with dr's at the strip, vs z06 on stock run flats, the race will be close provided equal drivers and the cobra might have the advantage... running anywhere from 118-122mph and mid 11's. the zo6 will be around that too, but abit higher trap speed. 122-126 for more average guys. from a roll, the Z06 will pulll mild pulley only cobras i believe from what i seen. numbers dont lie. mild cobras to me are around 450rwhp... vettes do near that stock and weigh 600lbs lighter or more. i'm going to be a mechanical engineer, physics dont lie

but there will be little debate once the SS comes out. they say its not the blue devil but basically thats kinda what it is from the rumors. ur gonna need some serious mods on a cobra to hang with a vette that has 650hp or so. thats 150 more than the current Z06

its not really relievent.. i just found that info today and thought i would add it here... just lettin u know some competition will be out there that will be more abundant than the lambo's/ferraris/porches/ford gt's

my guess is this one will cost near 100K but its only a charged built motor added, so i dont know, it might only be 80 grand or so. viper terriortory

i'm just so pleased that ford and chevy are making supercars and takin it to the next level. its amazing what they can do. its about damn time chevy did something with the vette to put it on world supercar status. not much since the L88 and zl1 vettes of the late 60's/70 and the callaway twin turbo vettes and ZR1's has anything really good happened.

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
02MineralGrayGt said:
what relivance does that have to the Z06 vs. 03-03 Cobra debate??

that it'll smoke our a55e5..look at how much trouble the stock zo6 gives a 500hp cobra...can u say RAPED..yeah 150 more horses than the zo6?? :eek:
i'm out... Ford GT...what? hell the regular zo6 stays right with it..for 100k less? Blue devil, but their changing the name huh?

Last edited:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
mustangbee said:
that it'll smoke our a55e5..look at how much trouble the stock zo6 gives a 500hp cobra...can u say RAPED..yeah 150 more horses than the zo6?? :eek:
i'm out... Ford GT...what? hell the regular zo6 stays right with it..for 100k less? Blue devil, but their changing the name huh?

DO I really have to explain this again? That Cobra driver SUCKED ASS. HE wouldn't have won obviously, but it would have been closer with a competent driver. Weak launch, pussy footing the gears, slow ass shifts..WEAK.

Youi're posts are hard to read, you're posts are pretty retarded also.(make no sense)

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
a better driver definately would have hung better but still...... he had about 450rwhp to a car that puts down near that while weighin 600lbs lighter.

again it still will be a hurting

gnxs

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
well the debate has turned into a mild cobra vs Z06. i tend to believe with dr's at the strip, vs z06 on stock run flats, the race will be close provided equal drivers and the cobra might have the advantage... running anywhere from 118-122mph and mid 11's. the zo6 will be around that too, but abit higher trap speed. 122-126 for more average guys. from a roll, the Z06 will pulll mild pulley only cobras i believe from what i seen. numbers dont lie. mild cobras to me are around 450rwhp... vettes do near that stock and weigh 600lbs lighter or more. i'm going to be a mechanical engineer, physics dont lie

but there will be little debate once the SS comes out. they say its not the blue devil but basically thats kinda what it is from the rumors. ur gonna need some serious mods on a cobra to hang with a vette that has 650hp or so. thats 150 more than the current Z06

its not really relievent.. i just found that info today and thought i would add it here... just lettin u know some competition will be out there that will be more abundant than the lambo's/ferraris/porches/ford gt's

my guess is this one will cost near 100K but its only a charged built motor added, so i dont know, it might only be 80 grand or so. viper terriortory

i'm just so pleased that ford and chevy are making supercars and takin it to the next level. its amazing what they can do. its about damn time chevy did something with the vette to put it on world supercar status. not much since the L88 and zl1 vettes of the late 60's/70 and the callaway twin turbo vettes and ZR1's has anything really good happened.

Exactly right on all counts. Good post!

baer42

Established Member
czwalga00gt said:
SOUND!!! If you would read previous posts... It just sounds better. With the flaps closed driving around it doesnt sound aggresive at all. Open them up it sounds good.

Prove to me it is just for sound. I don't think that is the reason at all. I think the flap is there to help give the motor a little help on the bottom rpm's. More back pressure = more torque at a lower rpm

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
baer42 said:
Prove to me it is just for sound. I don't think that is the reason at all. I think the flap is there to help give the motor a little help on the bottom rpm's. More back pressure = more torque at a lower rpm

I dont think you have read enough of this thread to comment.

But yes it does at small amount of backpressure; if anything opening them all the time hurts performance. But dragging they are always going to be open as soon as you leave the line.

Why do people open them even though they may lose some minimal performance... its clearly cause it sounds a hell of a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread