2003 Vortech GT PROBLEMS....HELP!!!!!

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
Heres the deal,

3 weeks ago I installed a V1 S trim with an Si impellar, brand new kit on my GT. I also added 42# injectors, GT ssupercar pump intank and a CX Racing intercooler.

The car already had a 75mm t-body and a professional products aluminum complete lower manifold and upper plenum.

From day 1 I had a bad fluttering issue that I traced back to running a draw thru and the bypass was dumping air back onto the meter, and also was not able to dump enuff so I had pressure going back against the impellaer as well. The car was drivable however and I drove in back and for to work SEVERAL times with no issue.

THEN last week, I go out for dinner, stand on it and the car falls on its face like it is out of gas, popping and cracking...ZERO POWER... I notice my CEL comes on and I have a P0190, 1133, 1153 codes. I cleared them when I got home (the 1133, 1153 codes with o2 sensors) and I never saw the last 2 again.

since that day I keep having the same issue. I swapped out the rail fuel pressure sensor with a spare and the issue remains. When it starts coughing and sputtering, I can shut the car off, refire it and it is fine for a few minutes or until I drop the hammer again then BANG...feels liek it is out of gas again.

I swapped to a PMAS blow thru and a red Procharger bypass and the shudder issue APPEARS to be solved but I still have the orignal issue of the out of gas feeling, and the car losing all power.

The only code I am gettign now is the P0190.

The blower is runing a 3.10 pulley, and a power pipe as well.

I need this figured out ASAP.......HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Sounds like you've got a bad tune. I'd quit beating on it until you get it on the rollers.

tropicmustang

Established Member
where is you IAC valve. Is it plugged in after the MAF. If it isnt thats your problem. If you didn't move it when you went to a blow through setup you are getting un-metered air in the system and it will run like crap and want to die.

Users who are viewing this thread