2003 used Cobra - decent price?

Quick97TA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I've been shopping around for an 03 Cobra, and ran across this one.

It's an Oxford White 03.....22,000 miles. Bone stock as far as I can tell, with the exception of some flowmaster mufflers welded in.
Interior looks great, except a small strip of color is worn off the driver's side bolster. I'm guessing a good interior shop can fix that fairly cheap.

Overall it looks like a nice car, but this is the wierd part. 90% of the paint looks flawless except for 2 things. The nose looks pretty rough. From a short distance it looks fine, but when you look at it close it's got a lot of small indentions on it that look like bad road rash. Paint isn't gone though. It's hard to describe. The hood though is almost perfect. The inside of the side scoops also have some chips. The seller promises it hasn't had any paint work, but how could the nose look so rough, while the hood is fine?

Original price was $26.5 but the seller came down to $25 even - $500 of the discount was to cover the cost of refinishing the front.

Carfax came back clean - it's a one owner car.

What do you think? :shrug:

Last edited:

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
The paint on these cars is very weak. It shows up most in the nose as you noticed in the form of chips. I've even heard of people getting parts of their cars repainted under warranty. I'll be putting on the Invinca shield soon before my car gets too bad. Its a clear plastic covering that isn't noticeable on the car.

Your 03 sounds like it's in the ballpark as far as price goes. Good luck.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I'm selling mine in perfect shape with the basic bolt-ons and port 500rwhp and 8300 miles for $25,500. So you figure it out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
evans03c said:
The paint on these cars is very weak. It shows up most in the nose as you noticed in the form of chips. I've even heard of people getting parts of their cars repainted under warranty. I'll be putting on the Invinca shield soon before my car gets too bad. Its a clear plastic covering that isn't noticeable on the car.

Your 03 sounds like it's in the ballpark as far as price goes. Good luck.
Not in every case. You're correct that generally the paint on the Terminator is thin, but at least in my case (DSG paint) it was outstanding. In the almost 2 years I drove the car, I went from CT to PA two to three times, from CT to NY a half dozen times, CT to Boston once, and CT to Maine two to three times (all highway miles at high speeds) I had absolutely no pitting or chips. When the new owner picked the car up he was astounded how showroom new the paint looked. I'm not sure about other DSG Cobras, but at least on mine I was VERY impressed with the paint.

zerokube

Captain Happy Pants
Established Member
How about a 03 with some good mods and a 8k stereo (Which i'll sell right away) with 53k miles for 21k? is that good?

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I bought a white cobra with 11K miles on it for $29,500 driveout price. (after tax, title) I paid a little more but i liked the car so much! It was worth it to me

Users who are viewing this thread