2003 mustang gt vs. LS1 camaro

TRUBLUEGT03

LANAANDNACYLUVTHE****
Established Member
Well went out last night to grab a bite to eat and i see a ls1 z28 camaro so i give him a 2500 rpm shout and he whips it around and follows me to the next gas station and pulls in and ask me if i have a programmer on my car. I respond and say no i don't have one because i just sold it. It seemed like a dumb question, but i answered anyways. He was a relly nice guy and his car was damn near the same color as mine. (trueblue). While we were sitting there i could hear he had exhaust(kinda quiet but not stock) and it sounded like he had a cam, but i'm not positve. We were through talking so he said "lets ride" so we ease onto the interstate and i follow behind, we finally got room and from about a sixty roll, i began the three honks and obviously this guy had never done this before because he jumped on the first honk, I let him jump and i quickly finished the honks (don't ask why seems kinda dumb @ this point) and dropped down to third i quickly reeled him in and passed about half a car length. I guess he wanted to do it again so we did it one more time, 1 honk he jumped about a car length and then i punched it again and the same outcome. We went from about 60-115 or so. I just thought the ls1 should have pulled me. The guy was very nice. Wish we had more f-body guys like that. :beer:

My mods: 5/speed
3:73
o/r x-pipe
bullet muflers
mac cai

His mods: automatic
exhaust
cam? (not sure)
????

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
the Ls1 should have pulled you, but thats a street race you cant really compare cars like that. Nice going either way.

TRUBLUEGT03

LANAANDNACYLUVTHE****
Established Member
Do not have bottle in the car anymore.

This is my old set-up My first kill :banana:

m/t drag radials
diablo programmer
nx plate kit 100 shot
plus mods above

stock clutch
stock shifter
:banana: :pepper:

Last edited:

SVTsniper

C O P T Z R
Established Member
Gay! I knew I saw a Camaro last night next to you, but I just decided to drive slow and slower till I just fell behind, like 15 minutes behind. If I woulod have known this was going down, I would have gotten on video.

Cahill00SS

Established Member
you def should have lost. Kinda hard to believe you gave him the jump and still reeled him in.

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
interesting
i just raced a bone stock auto trans am (98 i think) it was an ls1 for sure
we went from a stop i took him up to about 40 and he basically flew by me and kept walkin we shut down at around 100
this seems odd i have similar mods to u so i dunno
seems weird
he definitely didnt have a cam i can tell u

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm going to have to say good kill. Unusual but good, it is a street race anything can happen.

Nobody believed me when my 2002 GT beat an auto ls1 camaro...crazy stuff happens.

TRUBLUEGT03

LANAANDNACYLUVTHE****
Established Member
Torch10th said:
I'm going to have to say good kill. Unusual but good, it is a street race anything can happen.

Nobody believed me when my 2002 GT beat an auto ls1 camaro...crazy stuff happens.

I don't know what a gt with the same mods runs but mine was 9.8 1000ft with 1.68 60ft (this time was on a 100 shot and a programmer) maybe its a freak? :shrug:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
It's very possible you've got a ringer. My GT for what was done to it was definitely a ringer.

At Bandimere speedway (typical 8000+ ft. DA) the car went consistant 96mph through the traps with a few 97's. I just couldn't get it out of the whole and never managed better than a 14.7.

The SS and WS6 Fbody's in stock form at Bandimere typically run around 14.5 @95-98mph depending on the car and driver. As you can see it would be possible for my old 02 GT to at least hang with one.

It's unusual, but especially against an auto LS1, it's not out of the realm of possabilities. I just wouldn't expect it to happen again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread