2003 F1A Cobra First Drive

Ukfox89

Established Member
thanks guys, its really loud. after that short drive had to stick it in the garage and kill it. got to get it tuned and then ill have some wot and dyno footage

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Miss my SB KB car sometimes. Looks and sounds great although I don't know if I could drive it being that loud. Maybe the camera distorts the sound a bit as it makes more noise than any F1A car I've heard before.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
Ballsy driving around with your hood not closed all the way. I'd be paranoid as hell!

Car sounds wicked tho! Makes me want to swap my KB out for a F1A!

trxcobra

Established Member
sounds sick! Hopefully it doesn't get annoying though, I don't think I could listen to that for a long drive haha

Ukfox89

Established Member
thanks guys, I only drove the car to the end of the street. it was latched the forst bit so it couldn't bounch around. Im going to try pointing the BOV in different directions to see if it quitens down a bit. The camera doesn't distort the noise, if anything makes it a little quieter than it really is. Car is waiting on a fuel system and then of to the dyno.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Nice welcome to the street sweeper crew lol. Quiet and Red Race Valve don't go in the same sentence, I would maybe try putting a sock/arm band around it if you want to quiet it down. I have a Tial Q which is loud as hell, can't even hear other cars honking it off for a run, the Procharger Valve is just obnoxious.

Ukfox89

Established Member
Nice welcome to the street sweeper crew lol. Quiet and Red Race Valve don't go in the same sentence, I would maybe try putting a sock/arm band around it if you want to quiet it down. I have a Tial Q which is loud as hell, can't even hear other cars honking it off for a run, the Procharger Valve is just obnoxious.
I honestly did think about putting something round it but didn't want to restrict the air flow coming out too much. Ill try pointing it down between the engine and the radiator with the hod closed. As of right now the BOV is literally almost sticking out the hood Vent.

Blackedout

Established Member
NICE.... Getting closer... Looking forward to some dyno numbers... :beer:

Ukfox89

Established Member
Engine bay pic

DSC_0305_zps2841d28c.gif

This is the position of the BOV.....literally right next to the hood vent

D99DCDE7-D9F5-4EF7-9B0D-9F229131F113-14585-0000108A36027E94_zps03e32c2c.gif

And the Blue car is mine, this was a few months ago at a local car show

24CC80AA-1CE0-47BE-A07F-AC7BC037F756-413-000000B733AEF481_zpsd748ca81.gif

Last edited: