2003 Cobra For Sale 11,000 (socal) (not running)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
This thing looks trashed

thing looks like its been through a damn flood under the hood.

qustions.
car is in cali with you then whats up with the OK license place? is this thing titled in your name or are you holding a open title because carfax says this should be sitting in OK currently

do you have the oem steering wheel and airbag?

can you PROVE this thing runs, or ran prior to removal of the kenne bell?

what are the fuel mods?

solid axle or IRS? (any mods to rear end)

10 or 26 spline?

whats up with the EGR tube laying on the seat and in another pic its in the engine where it should be?

I pmd u my number, please give me a call if you want a serioius buyer

Come on guys, obviously the car needs mechanical work and a little TLC. You likely ran him off from selling his car on here.

As far as I'm concerned, even if it needs a new longblock it's still a good deal at $11,000. I just sold my sonic blue 03 with 20,000 less miles for $20.5 and I could've gotten more, I had a buyer within LITERALLY 1 hour. :beer:

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
I would just part the car out. I cant think of anyone that would want it.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Come on guys, obviously the car needs mechanical work and a little TLC. You likely ran him off from selling his car on here.

As far as I'm concerned, even if it needs a new longblock it's still a good deal at $11,000. I just sold my sonic blue 03 with 20,000 less miles for $20.5 and I could've gotten more, I had a buyer within LITERALLY 1 hour. :beer:

I never said anything harmful to the car. Just had easy questions that shouldnt scare off any seller. And any real buyer would be asking the same things. Also I pmd him my number and never heard from him.

Congrads on selling ur sb cobra. I also have a sb on the market for 20k. Find me a buyer that fast. The market is light.... Really light

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I never said anything harmful to the car. Just had easy questions that shouldnt scare off any seller. And any real buyer would be asking the same things.

Congrads on selling ur sb cobra. I also have a sb on the market for 20k. Find me a buyer that fast. The market is light.... Really light

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I didn't even try hard to sell it. :shrug: I put an ad on craigslist and a thread on here, dropped the price from $23,000 to $20,500 and had a PM from a somewhat local guy who sent someone to checkout the car and put a deposit on it. Your car will sell but I could see why it would take longer, it has considerably more miles and a ton of modifications. That being said, I can't say the market is light. You can checkout my thread, I even had PMs from people who offered more than my asking price to buy the car from underneath the guy who put a deposit. :dw: Altogether I got 12 PMs the day I listed it not including the countless emails from my craigslist ad.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...blue-2003-cobra-502rwhp-23-000-33k-miles.html

As for this ad, the questions shouldn't scare him off, but telling him it looks like a flood underneath the hood in the sale thread..:shrug: Also, when a car says "not running" and it's priced to sell assume the worst about the motor. I doubt he's going to "prove" it was running or anything like that, that's up to the buyer to inspect the car for himself and determine whether it's worth the asking price or not.

Also I pmd him my number and never heard from him.

Yeah, he's only got 6 posts though. I don't know when you sent him a PM, but he hasn't logged in for a week. He's clearly not a forum regular. I don't mean to call you out, but if this car truly needs a few k one could easily turnaround and flip it for a profit. I'd hate for a forum member to miss out on a possible great deal because there was a shit storm of criticism in his sale thread. :)

Last edited:

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
[
I paid about 550 in fews t the DMV, but you would still need to pay for current Registration, Smog and take the car down to the DMV so they can verify the VIN.

ok dmv does not verify the vin this is a salvage title car if you ever have to bring your vehicle vehicle to be inspected by dmv then it has been in the following,,flood,crash,stolen and recovered, so what is really going on here????????

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
. I don't mean to call you out, but if this car truly needs a few k one could easily turnaround and flip it for a profit. I'd hate for a forum member to miss out on a possible great deal because there was a shit storm of criticism in his sale thread. :)

i agree 1000%. thats why I was a buyer for the car. its very possible he registered here just to sell it as a legit sale and he had a buyer come pick it up and he forgot he posted it. which is fine with me.

but if it is a shady deal Id hate for a member here to get beat for a LOT of money.

and if its a legit deal.. im still interested in the car. just a lot of money to risk.. as with anything.. its risk vs reward thing

:beer:

SVT GI

Established Member
BUYER BEWARE...Formerly known as DarkSoul on here

I bought his Mammoth 2 years ago off this SB Cobra and it still isn't running.

I was suppose to buy the complete kit off him and he met me with about $400 worth of pieces missing from the kit. He told me for a month in PMs that he would mail them out and never did. I just pieced the rest of it together. I left his only positive feedback before I learned that he wasn't giving me the rest of the parts.

Luckily I got a good deal on the Mammoth to offset the cost but it is about PRINCIPLE!

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
BUYER BEWARE...Formerly known as DarkSoul on here

I bought his Mammoth 2 years ago off this SB Cobra and it still isn't running.

I was suppose to buy the complete kit off him and he met me with about $400 worth of pieces missing from the kit. He told me for a month in PMs that he would mail them out and never did. I just pieced the rest of it together. I left his only positive feedback before I learned that he wasn't giving me the rest of the parts.

Luckily I got a good deal on the Mammoth to offset the cost but it is about PRINCIPLE!

woooooow. thanks for giving everyone a heads up man. now we all know for sure this was too shady

:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread