2003 Aniv Terminator (4k mi) - Thoughts on Mods?

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member

BtownB

Established Member
Great choice on the H&R Race springs. I have the same in my vert. I think your shocks and struts would be fine still!? I’m still running my original Bilsteins at 27K miles. No issues yet..
Gotta get some exhaust on it quick...it has to be the quietest 03 Cobra in the land lol

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I don't think Koni would be an upgrade over Bilsteins. There are better for drag setups but for a street car don't remember too many with better feed back over Bilstein over the years. Plus keep the stock look.

cobracide

Established Member
Rasp is good.
I guess if that's what you are into. (n)

I prefer H <-> chambered sound.

OP should check out some sound clips to decide what is good for them, instead of picking someone else's preference.

The two main choices are:
H - Chambered mufflers - ie "classic type muscle car sound.
or
X - straight though mufflers - raspy, euro-import type sound.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I guess if that's what you are into. (n)

I prefer H <-> chambered sound.
I went back and forth on my last mustang. I always ended up with the X pipe and straight though mufflers. It’s all preference. I haven’t heard a bad sounding cobra so…can’t go wrong either way.

Last edited:

BtownB

Established Member
I went back and forth on my last mustang. I always ended up with the X pipe and straight though mufflers. It’s all preference. I haven’t heard a bad sounding cobra so…can’t go wrong either way.
I don't dislike any of them...just think for my application a hair quieter will do the trick...if I don't like it I'll swap it out

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I don't dislike any of them...just think for my application a hair quieter will do the trick...if I don't like it I'll swap it out
Yep. Exhaust is always preferential. You can’t care what other people think. If you like the sound, than keep it. Who cares what we say.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I'm a big fan of bassani mid lengths bassani x pipe and bassani cat back if you're staying 2.5" and kooks 1 7/8" x 3" collector, 3" x pipe, and bassani 3" cat back for going full 3"

Users who are viewing this thread