2003 10th Anniversary - Torch Red - $18,500

spincobra03

Established Member
Reality is, when people buy, they always want an amazing deal and think everything is overpriced. Yet when the go to sell that same car, they think they have the greatest car on earth.

REAL buyers BUY, they don't throw out offers and hope something sticks.

The fact is, some on here want want want, but don't want to pay.

I guarantee the OP was made offers in the 16-17k range. No matter what you price it at, someone wants to offer less. You give it away, they'll ask you to pay for it on top.

:??: I know I dont do that. When it comes time for me to sell, I sell it at a realistic price (NADA) if I really want it sold. Ive sold 2 already, both within a week.
Shouldnt everyone try to get an amazing deal?? If the op was offered 16k-17k whats wrong with that?? If a dealership is selling a car for 30k do you offer them 30K? I dont. I might offer them 28k.
And BTW if you as a seller post your very bottom dollar price EXPECT to be offered less. IMO, just post 1k more than what your willing to take for it. Thats just being a smart buisness man I think.

spincobra03

Established Member
Yup. If you really want to sell something, price it well and it will go. Most people just like posting pics and a description of their car, say they want to sell it, and get attention. If it makes you feel good I guess. The problem is that it frustrates real buyers out there.

spin, didn't you work deals with several people and they backed out last second? Point proven. They didn't want to sell the begin with...

I only think I backed out of one deal but for several reasons. The A/F ratio questions, the fact that I kind of wanted to build my car up myself. But most of all, I was saving 7k dollars by going with this current cobra. For that amount I can put the blower on I want (new) and know it was done right. With that being said, people over value these vehicles plain and simple. I love my car and all of my others but if when it comes time to sell, thats exactly what ill be doing, not just putting it up for sale and waiting 6 months to get an extra 1500 bucks.

nopropslaw

Established Member
:??: I know I dont do that. When it comes time for me to sell, I sell it at a realistic price (NADA) if I really want it sold. Ive sold 2 already, both within a week.
Shouldnt everyone try to get an amazing deal?? If the op was offered 16k-17k whats wrong with that?? If a dealership is selling a car for 30k do you offer them 30K? I dont. I might offer them 28k.
And BTW if you as a seller post your very bottom dollar price EXPECT to be offered less. IMO, just post 1k more than what your willing to take for it. Thats just being a smart buisness man I think.

Everyone thinks they are that special exception. :lol:

Apicia

Established Member
When selling, price it to sell. When buying, try to find the best deal possible. Problems occur when seller does not really want to sell, or buyer is just window shopping. I also sold two Cobras by pricing them to sell. Now trying to replace is tougher. Tough negotiating with a seller that wants 30k for his stock Cobra.

spincobra03

Established Member
Everyone thinks they are that special exception. :lol:

I guess im not understanding your reference here :shrug:
The car is a special car! There is a difference between being special and asking for more money than what its worth, thats all im saying.

Apicia

Established Member
Agreed. Except everyone has a different opinion on what priced to sell is.

Priced to sell would mean it sells in under a month. When that Mystichrome KB was for sale for 20k, it sold in days. Anything that is for sale for 6 months is not priced correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread