2002 True Blue Lightning f/s

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
yeah im trying to sell my truck too and IT SUCKS!!!! About that gas thing though... the octane thing is irrelevant. I did the math the other day and the difference is usually 30 cents between 87 and 93 so on a 20 gallon tank you are looking at 7 bucks. if 7 dollars is the difference in your budget every month you have a budgeting problem. i understand gas as a whole is expensive, i mean i have an L too. but everytime i stomp on that 500 rwhp i cant help smiling

Typhoon

Established Member
yeah im trying to sell my truck too and IT SUCKS!!!! About that gas thing though... the octane thing is irrelevant. I did the math the other day and the difference is usually 30 cents between 87 and 93 so on a 20 gallon tank you are looking at 7 bucks. if 7 dollars is the difference in your budget every month you have a budgeting problem. i understand gas as a whole is expensive, i mean i have an L too. but everytime i stomp on that 500 rwhp i cant help smiling

Not to clutter his thread but if you take that $7 and add that up to filling up 4times a month or more depending on driving style you are looking at an additional 30 or more a month.

It's not a matter or budgeting issues that is keeping people from buying trucks, it's that dont want to spend the additional money on gas when the economy suck.

Say someone just bought a truck for 17K and needed to unload it really fast becuase of a family issue or something chances are it will take them months to sell it. People are just scared right now IMHO.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
someone made a comment about 93 being expensive and my point was that it is not much more expensive than 87. but you are absolutly right and im feeling the effects too. its gas thats up regardless of octane. it just makes me feel better that the difference between 87 and 93 isnt that bad knowing that i have to use 93. you can have your thread back now and good luck on the sell.

truebluetat

Established Member
i agree, i dont know how much 93 cost in other states but its not much more hear in florida. ive always put 93 in all my cars ive driven. and down here gas is actually going down in price. but with the economy going down all i can do is sit and wait. thanks for the input haulin:beer:

Typhoon

Established Member
things will get better, they have too. Otherwise were headed down a bad road.

mhemsley

Established Member
Tat:

I'm almost in the market for an L, and yours looks very nice. Unfortunately, I have a condo that I have to sell first, and that's not happened yet...five months on the market...sigh.

I noticed that you have a hitch on the truck - what do you tow? Mine will have to tow an SVT Focus, so I like the idea of a hitch. I live in Bay St. Louis, MS, and lost 4 cars in Katrina - that won't happen again.

Good luck selling it, but if my condo sells first, you'll be hearing from me!

truebluetat

Established Member
things will get better, they have too. Otherwise were headed down a bad road.
i hope so
Tat:

I'm almost in the market for an L, and yours looks very nice. Unfortunately, I have a condo that I have to sell first, and that's not happened yet...five months on the market...sigh.

I noticed that you have a hitch on the truck - what do you tow? Mine will have to tow an SVT Focus, so I like the idea of a hitch. I live in Bay St. Louis, MS, and lost 4 cars in Katrina - that won't happen again.

Good luck selling it, but if my condo sells first, you'll be hearing from me!

hey mhemsley
Ive towed with my truck only once. it was a enclosed trailer that i had to move to a storage lot for a friend. this was before i got the ported blower and tune. i will not tow with the tune that i have on now but if i lower the shift pressure im sure towing wouldnt be a problem. thanks for the kind words and good luck on the sale

Last edited:

5lightning0

Greyghost
Established Member
That intercooler and charger are spotless! It sucks to have to take such a hit on a clean L. Good Luck too ya though...

truebluetat

Established Member
im not sure, it was a friend of a friend kinda deal from a machine shop in central florida. but its a great port job so took it

Last edited:

2004Mach

Established Member
I will buy it for 12,500

I have been watching the auctions and just havent found the right truck but they are only going for 11,000 to 12,000 if you are lucky at auction...I am not trying to offend you with that offer just thought I would throw it out there

Users who are viewing this thread