2002 True Blue Lightning f/s

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
I feel your pain. My low mileage cobra is for sale and I have not had many bites. I think alot has to do with gas prices. I'm not to sure. Good luck. Free bump.

truebluetat

Established Member
:cuss: $$14000
IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_4351.jpg

Last edited:

truebluetat

Established Member
TTT..... is anyone else selling their trucks? this is pretty crazy. i thought i was selling my truck at a great price for what condition its in and the rarity of the color

Typhoon

Established Member
Honestly you have a very nice truck. I think its the economy and the rising gas prices.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
TTT..... is anyone else selling their trucks? this is pretty crazy. i thought i was selling my truck at a great price for what condition its in and the rarity of the color

The truck is definately awesome and the price is pretty good. When I sell my Volvo, I will be looking to get back into a Lightning possibly for hauling a Harley around, and if this is still available we will talk seriously about it. But the economy is tough right now and with 93 octane being very expensive these days, the Lightnings just don't fit into many peoples budgets. When I traded in my first Lighting gas was costing me $150/week, and that was two summers ago. I can't imagine what it would cost me now if I drove it everyday, probably $200-250/week, that is scary.

I wish you the best of luck in selling this truck, it is beautiful and in my favorite color, but I think you are going to have to be patient. The economy is not very good right now for anything that doesn't get over 30 MPGs w/ a 4 cyl, everyone is hurting now. Gas prices suck!!!

truebluetat

Established Member
Honestly you have a very nice truck. I think its the economy and the rising gas prices.

The truck is definately awesome and the price is pretty good. When I sell my Volvo, I will be looking to get back into a Lightning possibly for hauling a Harley around, and if this is still available we will talk seriously about it. But the economy is tough right now and with 93 octane being very expensive these days, the Lightnings just don't fit into many peoples budgets. When I traded in my first Lighting gas was costing me $150/week, and that was two summers ago. I can't imagine what it would cost me now if I drove it everyday, probably $200-250/week, that is scary.

I wish you the best of luck in selling this truck, it is beautiful and in my favorite color, but I think you are going to have to be patient. The economy is not very good right now for anything that doesn't get over 30 MPGs w/ a 4 cyl, everyone is hurting now. Gas prices suck!!!

yeh thanks guys for the support. i see your points on the economy going bad, but i really dont think the gas is that bad on these trucks. i drive to school, which is 20 something miles away, and to work, about 10 miles, and i go though a tank a week. i donno, but thanks again for the inputs

Typhoon

Established Member
your doing 30mi a day...take 30mi x 5day = 150mi per tank. I would have to look and see how many gallon tank the L has. But say it even has a 20gal tank... 150/20= 7.5mpg if it has a 10gal tank you would be getting roughly 15mpg.

even if you did the math and did 30mi x 7day =210mi. per tank. 210/20= 10.5mpg.

If you have 20gal tank and are paying $5 per gal. your looking at 100bux a week to fill it. Honestly the reality of it is the economy coupled with rising gas prices has put a real hurt on the truck market (all, not just Lightnings). Specially for a 2wd truck getting 12-17mpg. If you are not forced to sell it, I would just sit on it eventually someone will come along looking for a truck.

truebluetat

Established Member
im sorry i didnt explain my self in detail, the 30 something miles a day that i drive is a must but i do drive to other places other than work and school, i guess im just used to the gas milage. i understand that the economy is hurting the truck market and i need to be more patients but i was really just wondering if anyone is selling thier trucks?

Users who are viewing this thread