2001 saleen #144

saleenkid01

Established Member
Been thinking about it alot lately and after going back and forth and weighing the pros and cons, I believe I want to sell my 2001 saleen. I had it posted up a little more than a year ago, and while I had alot of tire kickers and people who wanted to go for a joyride, I ended up holding onto the car. The car hasnt changed too much since last year. The only major changes were adding a set of 20X8.5"(front) and 20X10.5"(rear) xxr rims and also had the custom stereo system completely redone. All redone to stay competitive in the car shows it was entered into. I also added a set of 20k hid's.

New rim and stereo pics:

10-9-10030-1.jpg

10-9-10031-1.jpg

10-9-10033.jpg

10-9-10034.jpg

10-9-10040.jpg

10-9-10042.jpg

10-9-10043.jpg

10-9-10044.jpg

10-9-10045.jpg

10-9-10042.jpg

10-9-10032.jpg

10-9-10030.jpg

this is how the car sits now. im looking to get $25000 for the car as it sits. i posted a link below from when i tried selling it last year. It has a full mod list on the link page. Any questions, feel free to ask. The car is paid off, title in hand. Thanks for looking!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...en-144-built-motor-custom-stereo-538rwhp.html

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Gorgeous saleen at a good price given the level of customization....glws, man....

saleenkid01

Established Member
thanks jsz03. yea, everything in this car was top quality and everything was professionally built and professionally installed. the built motor along with the cost for the procharger kit and the installation of the s/c kit was over $15k. if you look at the link from when I was trying to sell last year, there are pics of the receipts for just the motor build that totalled over $12k and that was without the price of the procharger kit which was, if I remember correctly, close to $5k. also, the stereo was completely redone with new amps and new custom install. the center amp, which is running the subs, is a rockford fozgate bd2500 that is bridged to push out over 3000 watts, meaning that each sub is getting over 1500 watts. And the 2 outer amps are running the highs, one amp for the front door speakers and one amp for the rear set of speakers which had to be mounted in a custom built rear decklid so the sub box would fit correctly. Each of the smaller amps, a rockford fozgate bd500, is bridged to put out around 650 watts. Also, while it looks like there are 2 cd players in the car, its not. the bottom unit is an alpine 32-band digital equalizer with the brain for it mounted under the dash. this eq setup makes such a difference in sound quality, its amazing, once you spend the time in to get the tuning just right. the eq allows you to turn off all the other speakers in the car and tune just the one speaker to get the best sound quality out of each speaker. then when thats done and you turn on all the speakers together, like i said, the sound quality is awesome. the stereo alone also has prob close to, if not more than, $10k. So, basically between the motor with the s/c setup and the custom stereo setup, thats's what Im asking for the car. Not to mention the brand new 20" rim/tire setup, the high end viper alarm system, 20k hid's, window tint, smoked/cleared headlights, etc. Plus the price of the car by itself. I know I cant look at it like Im gonna get every cent I put into the car. Im definately not expecting to. Just trying to show that the car is a high end built show car and is worth the $25k Im asking for it. Thanks again for looking. Any questions feel free to ask

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
I hear ya....went through a similar sale with my 2004 Cobra a few years ago....tough to get back what we put in, thats for sure...

saleenkid01

Established Member
ttt, still looking to move this car. no big deal if I dont. I love driving this car. Its amazing the looks this car gets and the reactions it get from people. Just looking for something a little more practical now that I have a house to pay for. Still looking for fair offers or trades. Let me know what u got!!

saleenkid01

Established Member
ok, change of plans. the car is paid off, but i have a business oppurtunity id really like to get in on. $14500 obo.

Users who are viewing this thread