2001 cobras

God

Established Member
does anyone having any videos of 2001 cobras?..i havent seen any..so any contributions are appreciated thanx

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Naaa. Seems that the '01 has become the bastard stepchild since the unbeatable Terminator hit the streets.

I've got a True Blue '01 myself that I'm just workin' on modding but you never hear that much about them on these sites.

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
No kidding this site should be called 2003-2004 SVT Cobra Performance.com :)

kinda disappointed that all these "sponsors" only seem to cater to Lightnings and Terminators, and when the new lightning and cobra do come out the terminator owners ( or the ones that still kept em and not jump ship) like most previous 01 owners :) will be in the same boat as us step children

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
will be in the same boat as us step children
I dont know about that, I think the 03/04 cobra will be a lot like the supra. Later on down the road a lot of people will be buying used ones to mod because the engine can handle so much.

But I am not sure what you mean. You guys have just as much as we do? You have plenty of superchargers, you have more turbo kits, you have plenty of bolt ons. The problem is, there is just so much your engine can handle. But you have plenty of mods to get you to 450+rwhp. Beyond that and its your job to get the motor to handle it.

God

Established Member
thanx avenging angel!.. yours is the only 01 cobra vid ive seen i love the 315's i didnt think they would fit on there...i got 295.. now thinking about gettin 315's...sweet ride though

dtd01svt

Established Member
Nice ride Angel. I'm one of the few with a True Blue '01 Cobra also! And one of only 229 with my interior. I love my car and would never trade it for an 03/04 Cobra. I like being one of the few. 443 rwhp is plenty for me!:beer:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Dont COMPLAIN about the 03. We have a TON of mods.. YOU JUST GOT TO GROW THE BALLS AND DO THEM. Honestly....
I would of never traded for a 03/04. SUPRISED all of them though.:burn: :-D 03+cobra is a sweet machine. But it doesnt have MUCH over us. Nothing that cant be modified to BETTER.
Made 514rwhp 446rwtq. Procharger D1SC 9psi TUNED by Jimmy LaRocca HIMSELF.. Drove the car HARD everday....I loved that thing.. I dont think that would of blown up anytime soon. And if it did I would of BUILT the motor and make UNGODLY power I would NEVER NEED. The way my car was at its current state id catch traction at 90mph! :rockon:

-Zee

Dont have Vids..But heres some pics..

P1010077.JPG

P1010075.JPG

resize1.jpg

resize14.jpg

:bowdown: 315 30 18
resize6.jpg

Last edited:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I wasn't tryin' to bag on the '03 actually. I honestly think it's a hell of a machine and I'm gald it's under the Ford banner. I was just saying that since the '03 has captured the spotlight you rarely hear that much about '01 or even '99 mods much.

JKD Cobra is probably right though in that the '03 will probably go down as a milestone car because of it's $$$-to-tuneable horsepower ratio. Remember the next Cobra due out in '06 is supposed to be way more "exclusive" ( read EXPENSIVE! ) as SVT tries to take it's image "upscale". Because of that the '03 will probably enjoy a healthy after-life w/ the budget conscious performance freak.

Glad to see there are some proud '01 owners out there though! :beer: Thanks AvengingAngel for posting up your vid! Seems like you and God should be on the same page. Sorry to here about your ride CraZeeStang:cryying: Looked like a truly sweet machine and I'm sure it caught a lot of f-bodies off guard!

Avenging Angel

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments fellas.

I'm getting tired of the 01 look & thinking that I'm going to go the with a Saleen body kit. :shrug:

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
I prefer the 99/01s myself. Granted, they dont make as much factory hp as the 03+s, but you can always modify it. I just think the 99/01s have a more menacing look, especially with a cowl hood and blower/turbo hiss....

RioRed4v

Established Member
Originally posted by dtd01svt
Nice ride Angel. I'm one of the few with a True Blue '01 Cobra also! And one of only 229 with my interior. I love my car and would never trade it for an 03/04 Cobra. I like being one of the few. 443 rwhp is plenty for me!:beer:

i'm assuming with that low of number, you must have the medium parchment interior??

if you ever decide to sell your front seats, please let me know.:beer:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
damn archangel, that was a kick ass video! Your car sounds mean!! congrats on the build up! I would think twice before revving on you at the stoplight!!

NBS4

BANNED!
While i do like the Pre Terminator Cobra's... If i couldn't have had my baby.. Would have probably went with a GT and slapped a Kenne bell on it.

Users who are viewing this thread