2001 Cobra

sprayed46

Established Member
I can't afford it ,let me tell you something i bet i triple your salary. By the way, what do you have. Does your mommy know your talking on the board like this. shame...shame.... :rolling: :rolling:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Oops! Now I don't feel quite so bad!

Originally posted by Taz
For those of you who continue to place any stock in what Sprayed46 had to say on this forum, I offer these two quotes, both from posts in this very same thread:

"sprayed46 came from my gt that i sprayed. but i sold it and got the cobra and never bothered changing my screen name."

vs.

"The name i got sprayed46 was because i had a 2001 gt that i sprayed a 125 shot and run 12. But i wrecked that car and got the cobra!!!!"

So first it's, "I sold my sprayed GT." Then it's "No, I wrecked it." I don't know about the rest of you but I'd certainly be able to remember whether I'd sold or wrecked my last ride.

Bye, little troll!

:D

Tommy,
still thinks its mad or one of his cohorts........... guys like just dont "disappear"

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I think I may have hit a nerve with that last post. I'm really not sure about the part about tripling my salary but it wouldn't surprise me. I remember someone on here mentioning "more money than brains". Indeed. As for automobiles,I currently own a 2001 Ford F-150 XLT,a 1996 Ford Contour GL and a 1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC. Granted,these aren't as nice as a make believe 2001 Cobra,but I enjoy them. And in closing my mommy knows where I am and she can kick your mom's ass.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I really don't see why you're so very interested in what I think if you don't care. Don't even pay attention. Just go back to saving up that big cash from cleaning the bleachers after local college football games and having those nocturnal emissions when dreamng about your new Benz and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

sprayed46

Established Member
well thank you, and good luck to you in talk your mommy to buy something this nice. Would you like me to send you a picture. So you can look at it and dream.

Taz

Established Member
NASDAQ Indicator

Now, I know why my Intel stock is in the toilet. They're paying people like sprayed's daddy WAY too much money!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

01Snake

Established Member
Sprayed, You've been called too many times. I think its time for you to move to another Stang forum before the moderator kicks you out. BTW, I hold a BA in Chemistry and an MS in Chemical engineering, but that doesn't make me an authority on cars. Just because you may work as a process engineer, doesn't mean you automatically qualify as a mechanical engineer.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Sprayed, you said you have called SVT. I have too. Like I said earlier, there have benn a few isolated incodents with tranny's. SVT says they are taking the transmissions back and examinig them. The tech can't even open them up. One of the engineers said there have been reports of GT' 5-Speed;s having the same problem. They also said that they more than likely draw a line to abuse, Techs are supposed to send a report off the SBDX of any redlining that is recorded in the cars computer.

I think you should post a picture of your car in a reply. Or are you waiting for the nearest dealership to get one? Here I'll help you out.
mvc-514s.jpg

You might want them to take the stickers off for you first.

Taz

Established Member
Moving right along ...

All-rightie, then, getting back to the original spirit of this thread ...

01Snake, I agree with you completely. The right tool for the right job. If I had any serious thoughts of running my car at the digs, I'd be looking for something with a live rear axle, not IRS. I'd be looking for a car with more low end torque, too, like something with a big pushrod engine, not a DHOC.

But I wasn't looking to be a dragstrip superstar - if I were I sure as hell wouldn't have bought a droptop with its unavoidable weight penalty. No, I'm past all that. What I wanted was the most capable droptop road car I could get my hands on for the money, and I'm satisfied that my Cobra fits that bill quite nicely. It doesn't lose its composure in the twisties, the engine is just coming on the cam when a pushrod engine is running out of steam, and the gearbox, which I've heard called vague and rubbery, is IMO as good or better than any other stock transmission I've driven, including several of the Euro stormers.

So far I've had zero problems with my Cobra. I feel really lucky about that, and I genuinely feel for the guys who do have legitimate grief with theirs. As Tommy has said, cars break. And I know that there, but for the grace of God, go I.

I admittedly have very few miles on on my snake (less than 1000), because it's not my daily driver. (It's my "just for fun, let's go find out what's down that road" car.) I don't baby it, but I don't beat it either. I listen to what the car tells me it feels like doing (a little Zen there), and when it wants to haul ass, I'm down with that!

I applaud SVT for building more refinement and capability into their Cobras than most owners, myself included, will ever truly appreciate. But my one big fear for future Cobra buyers is that SVT will eventually cave in to the whining by all the street squirrels who measure a car's worth soley by its ability to eat another car's lunch off the line. If that happens, the Cobra will take a giant back to the status of just another "dumbed down" Detroit muscle car, instead of moving forward with even more progressive engineering.

My two cents.

:rolling:

01Snake

Established Member
Hey TAZ,

Amen! You understood exactly what I meant (and so did most of the guys here) when I started this post. Its just a shame that Sprayed had to stretch it out so long. My Cobra has 1600 miles on it and has been trouble free so far. I've brought it to Englishtown only once, but I took it easy going down the strip (my mediocre timeslips can attest). If I break something while running it hard, I'll know who to blame. Most guys can't seem to except this. These same guys will probably blame BFGoodrich when the tires wear down after doing burnouts.

Taz

Established Member
"If I break something while running it hard, I'll know who to blame. Most guys can't seem to except this."

Exactly. I've broken more toys (cars, among them) than I care to remember, but there was never any doubt in my mind that the end result was directly attributable to my own actions. When I wanted to continue doing the same thing that caused a failure, I replaced the broken parts with stouter ones, that's all.

But accepting personal responsibility is no longer in vogue. Somewhere along the way while peddling his notion of the mythical paternalistic State, Big Brother has sold the masses on the idea that we have the inalienable right to be protected from everything, including our own foolishness. Hence the air bag, the child-proof lighter, warning decals on everything from ladders to keyboards, etc. The Feds have created a mind set in which we are all blameless children or sheep, no longer responsible for our own actions. That's sad, and it has contributed to this country's decline in the world community, but I am digressing.

I suppose what I'm saying in my long-winded manner is that if a guy demonstrates a complete lack of common sense by thrashing his poor steed until it falls apart beneath him, then he's got nothing coming. Apparently, SVT agrees. If, as Tommy says, they're requiring memory dumps to determine driving habits and denying warranty claims on cars that have been beat on beyond all reason, then some people are about to learn some relatively expensive lessons. Personally, I'm just glad that I've already learned those lessons.

On a diffrent note, I see that you once owned a '73 Charger with a 440. Stout car. A friend of mine had one of those back when I owned my '72 W30. We used to go trolling for 'vettes to gobble up. Great fun!

:D :D

01Snake

Established Member
The Charger was the first car I ever owned (It was 1986 & I was a tender 17 years old). Stout it was, but really fast it wasn't. I once had a drunk buddy of mine back into the front loop bumper with his T-bird. While only leaving a slight scuff and dent in my bumper, he managed to put a serious dent in his rear quarter, pushed the bumper in and wiped out his taillight. It had a 440 4V, torqueflight slapstick in the console and the bulletproof 8 3/4 rear (it was a nonlocking open unit though). I never ran it at Englishtown, so I really don't know what kind of numbers it would have given. I do know that it was heavy (over 4000 lbs). I never broke anything on it, although given my adolescent attitude (many one wheeled burnouts), I probably should have. I had to wait until I got my 67 Mustang (1988) before I realized what mechanical limitations were (broke the 21 year old, original axle shaft on the driver's side). Even though I bit**ed and moaned, I knew that my own stupidity lead to the problem. I quietly lowered my head in humility, fixed the axle and took it easy after that. Even then I didn't completely learn. In 1989, I scraped togeather enough to buy a brand new LX 5.0. The first week I had it I went to Englishtown and beat the piss out of it in the burnout box. Although I didn't break anything, I did knock about half the tread life off my tires. One year and $400 lighter (new rear Gatorbacks), I learned to take it easy on the burnouts. At that age, I thought I knew it all. In fact, at my current age, I still think I know it all :rolling: . Life is full of mistakes, the key is to realize when you've made one, and hopefully learn from it.

Users who are viewing this thread