2001 Cobra will not start

01yellercobra

Established Member
I always figured the IAT had to do with the spark tables. At least that's what it's used for when tuning. It is possible that without a good temp reading the computer didn't know what to do with the spark and/or fuel. I also thought the crank sensor is what was used to fire the injectors, but I don't know everything and I'm still learning.

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
I always figured the IAT had to do with the spark tables. At least that's what it's used for when tuning. It is possible that without a good temp reading the computer didn't know what to do with the spark and/or fuel. I also thought the crank sensor is what was used to fire the injectors, but I don't know everything and I'm still learning.

That makes two of us! :banana: Glad I am not alone in the learning process. The day I stop learning will be the day I DIE!

If the IAT is not reading correctly, it will not bump the fuel to spark the whole engine. The black soot was making it read incorrectly.

Give me a 302ci Ford Carb and I know what to do. But these 4.6L 4V are different. :lol1:

However, thanks again for the help. Everyone here is very knowledgeable. I have yet to check the fuel pressure but will do so later tonight.

I am just happy she started up this morning, in one crank! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread