2001 cobra trade in on a 2012 candy red 5.0

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
well, 2001 cobra in excellent condition 108000 miles on it had the car since 2006 looks brand new always garage kept. lately have been getting the urge to trade in on a newer 5.0 (2012) looking at a candy red with sweet leather (red interior).

The only thing is the 5.0 being so "dime a dozen" kind of thing I know my 2001 in not a 2003-04 cobra of course but its a cobra. The new 2012 is just another mustang (and I know the power difference 320hp-420hp).

numbers are 11000 for mines trade in on the 2012 listed at 25000 what's all the thoughts??

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I wouls drive my 47k mile 2001 cobra as far as I to if a dealer was gonna give me 11k trade for it!

B746

Resident Logician
Established Member
You won't get 11k for it unless you get hustled on the car's price.

Sounds like you have a lot of memories in your cobra. Don't do something you'll regret, but the new 5.0s are pretty fun.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If they offer you 11 for a trade...sign the papers! More than likely you're looking 6500-7500 for trade in on the 2001.

The new edge cobras are really cool cars. However, the general public thinks its a gt. with exception of some bumpers and badging, to the average person it's nothing special. So I'd drive what you really want. If that's the 5.0, get the new car.

99GreenCobra

Established Member
I got 11k with An electric green 99 and very low km. but I see cobra pricing all over the place. Good luck. The new ones are nice. But they don't have the same feel. It was also a private sale.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'd like to know the pricing/mileage/options of the 11GT

If they're "giving" you $11k for your car, they either made a mistake or are padding the price of the GT

Sapperstang

Established Member
I really don't understand your logic. I would replace the 01 for a 12 without even thinking twice, Cobra or not.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
The new edge cobras are really cool cars. However, the general public thinks its a gt. with exception of some bumpers and badging, to the average person it's nothing special. So I'd drive what you really want. If that's the 5.0, get the new car.

Actually it's quite the opposite with anything that says Cobra on it and has snakes on the sides. The general public sees that and thinks it's some kind of super Mustang. They see a '12 and they don't know if it's a v6 or v8. Not that that's any way to buy a car but just saying.

Yeah if they really are giving you 11k, that's an excellent opportunity to upgrade.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I'd take that deal and run if the price of the GT is right.

Actually it's quite the opposite with anything that says Cobra on it and has snakes on the sides. The general public sees that and thinks it's some kind of super Mustang. They see a '12 and they don't know if it's a v6 or v8. Not that that's any way to buy a car but just saying.

No. You'd be surprised how many people use to ask me was my car a Cobra, so he's right. Most people see a Mustang as a Mustang regardless of trim level.

HandBanana

Established Member
What are they selling you the 12 for!?

It's listed as 25k in his original post, unless he edited it.

OP, that's not even a choice, that's a given. Get rid of the old, outdated car and upgrade immediately. I highly doubt they'll give you that kind of money for an 01 though unless they're running a used car promotion at that particular dealer. You'd be left with a very easy to afford monthly payment on a practically brand new car. DO IT. :thumbsup:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It's listed as 25k in his original post, unless he edited it.

OP, that's not even a choice, that's a given. Get rid of the old, outdated car and upgrade immediately. I highly doubt they'll give you that kind of money for an 01 though unless they're running a used car promotion at that particular dealer. You'd be left with a very easy to afford monthly payment on a practically brand new car. DO IT. :thumbsup:

Musta been an edit.

Take that deal and run

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You won't get 11k for it unless you get hustled on the car's price.

Sounds like you have a lot of memories in your cobra. Don't do something you'll regret, but the new 5.0s are pretty fun.

^^^ This.

While the '12 Mustang is far better overall than your '01 Cobra, only you know if you're really ready to let it go. Consider how much it means to you before you do let it go. If it happens, you'll be very pleased with the '12 GT.

Users who are viewing this thread