2001 Cobra Spun rod bearings at 57k? Oil starvation? Motor Replacement advice?

FMD

Established Member
Slo, any way to phyiscally see if its been bored over or not other than by his word? By him, hes saying hes doing a swap and is just in need of money, motor has 90k on it without any issues. Im not to worried about building it, just wasnt sure if it was something totally out of my league or something. Ill check on modmax as well to see if anything is around. Just out of curiosity, the comp springs, GT cams etc what did that run you about so I have a guess? And yeah I was trying to just simplify it with the eaton swap since I figured you knew what i meant haha. Thank you again slo and everybody else for all of this advice btw, it is really apreciated.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The only way to tell if it's been bored is with a micrometer or dial calipers. Unless you happen to have a stock piston laying around. If it's been bored then the stock piston would have a lot of clearance.

I'd have to find my receipts for the springs. I just remember going to beehive springs. The cams are out of the Ford GT supercar. I went with them because I thought they'd work better with the displacement increase. For your set up I wouldn't even bother with them.

Users who are viewing this thread