2001 Cobra on legit street cars YouTube channel

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's very cool that this used to be @beefcake's. I didn't know he had numerous issues with the car, so it would be great to hear a little background from him.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i didn't have multiple issues, car was running great when it was sold and then just sat, with i think 3 owners. the guy that just bought it found it for his buddy 20 years ago, and has kept an eye on it. It wasn't bought by the youtube guys, they are the ones working on it. A guy name Kevin just bought it

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Just watched this, I had to laugh when I heard Alex read out the original owners name from the magazine article. I was thinking to myself, I just bought some lugnuts from that guy!

Terry I hope you can reach out to Alex and fill him in on the car a bit, he was in the M5 owners group for a bit and came off as a nice fellow.

scott_0

Established Member
I watch and enjoy Alex’s youtube content, I laughed and was like “damn, it’s beefcake”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
YT guy points out external fuel pump and then perplexed when he pulls out the pick up from the tank..

I remember this back in its day for sure. Can someone please give those wheels some love and bring them back to life!!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
YT guy points out external fuel pump and then perplexed when he pulls out the pick up from the tank..

I remember this back in its day for sure. Can someone please give those wheels some love and bring them back to life!!

I fully expect he'll have one video dedicated to detailing, usually he gets the cars running/driving first then does a whole cleaning session.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's browsed this site before since he has a 2nd gen Lightning tbh.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

As someone who watches his channel from time to time, I can slightly explain. So he's got a built trans am, turbo, auto, etc that he built years ago. That seems to be his main source of a modded car. He was also a Mercedes tech I think, as well as a service tech for a fleet of Chicago cars, I think police. Anyway, he recently got a built C4 vette via a coparts auction really cheap. It had a blower, and an external fuel pump, like what I would call a t-rex from my vortech knowledge. I think the vettes blower was a procharger though, but likely the same external pump as vortech. So that's what he is recently use to seeing, and then getting this car, he must have been all "Oh, same setup, an external helper pump." That's why he was confused when he dropped the tank and found no pump inside.

Users who are viewing this thread