2000 mustang gt vs 2000 camaro ss

GT00STANG17

Established Member
so last night on the way from my girlfriends house i run into this camaro. they guy goes flying by me and it sound like it didnt have much done to it so i speed up and get beside him and drop it in 3rd and we were going like 60-65 and i honk it off and we both took off and i hung in there right beside him until i get in 4th and he is about 2-3 cars in front of me and from this i know he aint stock and hits his brakes he slows down and stops in the turning lane asking me to go again so i do and we go from 50-55 and this time i take it serious and drop it into 2nd and he honks it off this time and i get the jummp and about 1 car infront of him until midway threw 3rd and he right beside and sslowly pulling away i mean really slow and by time we stop at like 110-120 he was 1 car length in front of we and we stop at a gas station and he tells we its a retired cop car with 400+hp at the crank so i thought i did really well against a car that is over 100hp more than me and he tells me its an a4 he was a really nice guy so i gave him my number and we probably going to get together again with his buddy's ls1 t/a and run again but how did u guys think i did?

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
race is exactly how id thought it would turn out. retired cop car with 400hp????? he probably means its the B4C police package which means it had the 1LE suspension, heavy duty brakes and an upgraded alternator with the good ole' 305 HP LS1 bolted up to a 4L60E automatic tranny. :-D
100 more hp and it would've been pretty ugly.
if you had cams, you would've walked all over him. :thumbsup:

GT00STANG17

Established Member
oh ok that makes more sence. i have ran an ls1's before and its all turned out the same but he did pull alot harder up top than most of them

GT00STANG17

Established Member
yeah it was some good runs but i talked to the guy earlier today and it was not making 400hp to the crank but he said it does have small cam in it but beside that its all stock and that its making 340 to the wheels but i dont think it has a cam or making that much to the wheels but thats me don't know to much on the ls1's.

and aww that sucks its stock but i bet u can't to do some mods to it

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
yeah it was some good runs but i talked to the guy earlier today and it was not making 400hp to the crank but he said it does have small cam in it but beside that its all stock and that its making 340 to the wheels but i dont think it has a cam or making that much to the wheels but thats me don't know to much on the ls1's.

and aww that sucks its stock but i bet u can't to do some mods to it

it sounds like the guy is just talking out of his ass (no offense). i mean first he says it has 400. then he says it only has 340 and he has a cam....maybe...maybe not. what the??? :eek:
1st off...you cant put a cam into an LS1 without a tune and expect to get any HP cause...you wont!. the guy sounds like a tool. i mean the car will run, but it'll just drive really choppy and you'll be like "how come i don't feel anything?"
and besides, the LS1 needs to breathe. you can't put any sort of cam into any car for that matter (LS1 or not) with just the factory exhaust. if you do, you start burning up the exhaust valves because the engine is trying to force more air out of the car with an exhaust system designed for the factory cam.
trust me. the car is stock and the owner is clueless about the car. when he starts to tell you about his car, just nod and go "oh wow..that's cool!".

BAD351W

Established Member
Good runs for sure. Sounds like a nice guy, its always nice to meet new people willing to race and cruise around.

GT00STANG17

Established Member
lol ok thanks for the info and the help explaining to me its probably a stock ls1 bc i wasn't sure.

yeah it is nice to meet nice people to cruise with i hope ill get cruise with them soon.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
deff. a stock ls1

even if it had a cam, it wouldnt be pretty for you.

sounds like a fun time with a owner that doesnt know what he is talking about!

to give you a little in sight, off bottle I am 400rwhp and I trap 115-116 on street tires....stock I trapped 106.

GT00STANG17

Established Member
yeah if it was a cam one i wudnt stand a chance but its weird tho to bc i have ran my dad's ls1 t/a and it had just a catback and a shift kit,it was also an a4 and from a 40-45 roll to like 100 i cud beat him by a bumper i wish i wud have video taped it but he already got rid of it and working on a new project

yeah i wish i had the money for cams and heads that wud be nice i bet it was a quick gt u had

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
yeah if it was a cam one i wudnt stand a chance but its weird tho to bc i have ran my dad's ls1 t/a and it had just a catback and a shift kit,it was also an a4 and from a 40-45 roll to like 100 i cud beat him by a bumper i wish i wud have video taped it but he already got rid of it and working on a new project

yeah i wish i had the money for cams and heads that wud be nice i bet it was a quick gt u had

The auto LS1's with the 2.73 gear KILL them. With the A4 and 3.42's or 3.73's its a whole different story....but as far as bone stock auto 2.73's, the 2.73 gear made them turds. LONG gears and takes forever to get them into power band.

I have a buddy that had a stalled/bolt on only 2000 Z28 that was stuck in high 12's with the 2.73's then he swapped in a 3.42 rear end and went to 12.0's @ 110-111

GT00STANG17

Established Member
oh ok bc my dad's t/a did have long ass gears so it probably had the 2.73's where the camaro i ran proably had 3.42's in it

GT00STANG17

Established Member
idk either maybe they where changed out bc the guy really doesn't know what is done to the car he just got it earlier this week and is going by what the previous owner told him.

Users who are viewing this thread