2000 gt w/5.4 2v (oil Seperator/ catch can question)

Jmpodo511

Established Member
I was looking for some help and any input would be appreciated. I have a 2000 gt with a 5.4 2v with a d1sc prochager. Currently the car just has filters in the valve covers. Id like to switch to a oil Seperator but don't see a custom kit for a 5.4 2v. My pcv valve is in the middle of my passsenger valve cover, the 5.4 lightning kits show there's are located elsewhere. I have seen some passenger side Seperator kits that look like they would fit but show they are for different specific engines.. Anybody have a 5.4 2v with oil sepersorts? Should I just leave the vents and deal with the mess and smell? Also I have to pass emissions soon and I have an "emissions" tune but I'm not sure it'll sitll pass without the pcv valves, hence my biggest reason for doing all this..

thanks in advance

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just find a catch can you like, and buy some tubing from your local auto parts store. My brother actually went and bought just a plain jane oil separator for like $7 and some tubing to put it on his mustang as he was getting a lot of blow by. Not a 5.4 2v, but you can do the same with yours.

Users who are viewing this thread