2000 Cobra R VS 2003 Cobra

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Yeah, I remember reading it when it was first published, good read. Back when SVT Cobras were just pups.

5882 DARK COBRA

Established Member
yeah its way before I had my car(purchased in 2010) so it was a new read to me.I thought the comparison was done well.It's funny I look my car and don't see a 11 year old vehicle.To me the new edge cobras still seem modern to me body wise and power wise.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Love how alot of people haved bashed the new 2015+ mustang for being slow stock,and the 2000 cobra R ,but this article should help them remember / refresh memory , that all stock, in reality run the same times as a stock 03 cobra did and new 2011-2015+ GT. ALL CLOSE in power , all run 12's and 13's @108-112 stock.

5882 DARK COBRA

Established Member
i always wanted a 2000 cobra r, seems like it would be a blast to drive

Same here.I really like the idea that all the pieces put together are functional and serve a purpose.air duct for breaks ,front splitter,spoiler,etc. Except to be honest I was never a fan of the spoiler though but I know there's a real reason for it so it gets a pass.

5882 DARK COBRA

Established Member
Love how alot of people haved bashed the new 2015+ mustang for being slow stock,and the 2000 cobra R ,but this article should help them remember / refresh memory , that all stock, in reality run the same times as a stock 03 cobra did and new 2011-2015+ GT. ALL CLOSE in power , all run 12's and 13's @108-112 stock.

I agree but I do often think what if the cobra R had 500 hp and had the handling for it as well.That would be the ultimate to me but they probably didn't want to touch that level do to the Ford GT in mind.When the 2011's gt came out I fell in love with the body style but was not impressed with under the hood looks wise .I feel when I open my 04's hood it looks bad ass and couldn't justify to buy.Now the boss or the gt500 now that's another story .

Users who are viewing this thread