2 Valves Can Make Power Too!

smitty2919

Established Member
Anything can make good power with money. Lol

This guy has it right.

OP what did you spend on a 2V to make that power? Just curious what it costs. I have been out of the 2V game for a LOOOOOONG time.

Last edited:

2000gt4.6

Established Member
So you have fans that you installed just for dyno pulls? Where those big carpet dryers not doing anything for ya to move air through the IC and rad?

Sorry, just confused as to why you have these fans.

Great numbers and great car though. Definitely one of the nicest 2v powered mustangs around!

He's saying those fans vibrated until they weren't facing the intercooler

Dusten

Established Member
Duh OP! lol. I always say a built 2V will make comparable power to a built 4v. Imagine if GTs came forged from the factory!

like hell they will... head flow between the two is worlds apart. Even the best ported TF heads won't touch flow numbers from stock 4v heads.

candyroush

Established Member
So you have fans that you installed just for dyno pulls? Where those big carpet dryers not doing anything for ya to move air through the IC and rad?

Sorry, just confused as to why you have these fans.

Great numbers and great car though. Definitely one of the nicest 2v powered mustangs around!
What he said below
He's saying those fans vibrated until they weren't facing the intercooler
YES. THanks you
This guy has it right.

OP what did you spend on a 2V to make that power? Just curious what it costs. I have been out of the 2V game for a LOOOOOONG time.
The motor from oil pan to intake manifold was about $10k.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
like hell they will... head flow between the two is worlds apart. Even the best ported TF heads won't touch flow numbers from stock 4v heads.

Are there any test out showing what a stock head/cam 2v with a forged bottom end make compared to a stock head/cam 4v with a forged bottom end with the same blower? I bet they're comparable. Remember I'm not saying the 2v will make the same or more power just that the numbers are closer than we're willing to admit.

stangfreak

Established Member
OP, your car is bad ass. I love the hp kit. 57mm turbo's are a nice perfect street setup. Love it

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Are there any test out showing what a stock head/cam 2v with a forged bottom end make compared to a stock head/cam 4v with a forged bottom end with the same blower? I bet they're comparable. Remember I'm not saying the 2v will make the same or more power just that the numbers are closer than we're willing to admit.
i know with lightnings, we need ported heads and aftermarket cams to hit 600rwhp and that's with a 5.4L with a 2.3 whipple on top of it. That's assuming on pump gas on a conservative tune. I see terminators hit 600 with just a small twin screw all the time.

i ran a local with a built/kenne bell gt at the track, it was disappointing but i'm sure it was a sub par set up. The owner was cool but didnt listen to any advice i gave him. Kept slaughtering the tires off the track. I'm getting off topic so ill stop.

Whistler98

Established Member
That is my favorite intake. Didn't think it could fit under a hood with that small of a rise. Very nice car.

Dusten

Established Member
A stock head 2v will make about 500-550 that's it. I'm talking 2.3 whipple too. You can make that on a 4v/eaton. It takes a lot of work to make 700+ with a 2v, but a 4v will make that with stock heads and cams.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
A stock head 2v will make about 500-550 that's it. I'm talking 2.3 whipple too. You can make that on a 4v/eaton. It takes a lot of work to make 700+ with a 2v, but a 4v will make that with stock heads and cams.
great points. If 2v engines flowed so well, most Lightning owners would not spend roughly on average 3-4k on ported heads or cams. I love how the terminator and gt500 guys just slap on a bigger blower and do work.

Dusten

Established Member
great points. If 2v engines flowed so well, most Lightning owners would not spend roughly on average 3-4k on ported heads or cams. I love how the terminator and gt500 guys just slap on a bigger blower and do work.
I have 3k in my unported tf heads with cams

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
i got roughly 3k in my 8 thread stockers. When i ordered my longblock from MMR years ago, TF's were new. I didnt want to be the guinea pig. If these heads go and i still want a 2v, ima go TF for sure now.

Dusten

Established Member
i got roughly 3k in my 8 thread stockers. When i ordered my longblock from MMR years ago, TF's were new. I didnt want to be the guinea pig. If these heads go and i still want a 2v, ima go TF for sure now.
I bought mine in 2011. But my stock heads were trashed

candyroush

Established Member
for the record, before the oil pump let go, the car made 625hp at 17psi through stock heads...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Damn right they can! Here's what mine did:

83c79794-ca1e-48d6-b554-3e81f767064e_zpscno8kzez.jpg

Sweet car OP, nicely done.

Users who are viewing this thread