2 valve beatdown (Pt. 2)...............bolt on 2v's just don't try

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Maybe you just got the miracle 4v cars on my car is weak. But ive been driving 2v and 4v's for 6 years now and i know it isnt my driving.

Alot of it comes down to driver(no offense by any means). Ive seen guys at the track with Mach's that cant get out of the 14's, then they come up to me and ask how Im going almost a full second faster with a stock car lol.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Maybe you just got the miracle 4v cars on my car is weak. But ive been driving 2v and 4v's for 6 years now and i know it isnt my driving.

No he doesn't have a miracle 4v. My g/f's Mach like I said ran 13.2 the first time ever on the track and this was with a paper filter and still had the snorkle in the air box. Only mods were catback and midpipe (how she bought it). This 13.2 came out to a 8.58 in the 1/8th. This was also with a shitty 2.0 60'. So your times do not add up at all unless you do not know how to drive. No 5 speed Mach 1 should run 9.1 in the 1/8th with a 2.0 60'. No excuse...

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I'm not trying to bash your GT or any GT, I'm just calling it how I see it...
:bs: We all know you are lying :lol1::banana:
Different cars though. You might be better at driving a 2v. Did you ever think about that?
+1 Driving the 2V is different than the 4V, reason why people put a saying on 4V car's 'Drive it like you stole it!!". If you dont take advantage of the whole RPM's, you are not driving it to its full potential. I would think that the Mach is a bit easier since its power range its mostly low and middle compared to my Cobra which is mostly a high end car. The GT lacks in 3rd gear badly even with gear's, this is where I mostly put the hurting in my Cobra against a NE 2v with bolt on's.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
:bs: We all know you are lying :lol1::banana:

+1 Driving the 2V is different than the 4V, reason why people put a saying on 4V car's 'Drive it like you stole it!!". If you dont take advantage of the whole RPM's, you are not driving it to its full potential. I would think that the Mach is a bit easier since its power range its mostly low and middle compared to my Cobra which is mostly a high end car. The GT lacks in 3rd gear badly even with gear's, this is where I mostly put the hurting in my Cobra against a NE 2v with bolt on's.

The MAIN difference is the machs have a low TQ powerband, coupled with SRA, and great gearing. It's just as different as the others. I mean, going from a GT to a mach to a cobra, doesn't mean you'll drive both of them to their potential right away. They are different setups.

Last edited:

slow08GT

Lowly GT *****
Established Member
Between 02 and 05 I ran a ton of 4v n/a cars at the track and I have to go along with the 4v takes a different approach to drive train of thought. The Cobra's were relatively easy to beat if they did not have drag radials. The 2v made better torque off the line and if you had some gears, bolt on's and a good tune you could hold them off. The Mach's seemed a different animal all together, they could match you down low and really out pull you up top. The only real chance I had was that the driver did not take advatage of the car's potential.It was not unusual for Machs to run 13.0 -13.2 near stock in the heat of the summer. If I'm not mistaken the Mach had a pretty good suspension set up for drag racing and higher stall on the auto's than the GT's.
It took the following to beat a Mach one
long tubes,x-pipe, upper plenum. TB, tune, gears, dr's, upper & lower control arms, pulling the front sway bar, pulling the spare and jack, 1/8 tank of fuel and a colonic before you ran.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
The MAIN difference is the machs have a low TQ powerband, coupled with SRA, and great gearing. It's just as different as the others. I mean, going from a GT to a mach to a cobra, doesn't mean you'll drive both of them to their potential right away. They are different setups.

x2... I've watched my friend short shift the hell out of his car and he didn't realize it until I told him. He picked up a lot of time at the track after he admitted he shifted when he thought the engine was at its peak (by ear) instead of watching the tach.

ralvarez

Established Member
I've watched my friend short shift the hell out of his car

a friend of mine was doing the same w/ his mach (4:30's built rear, o/r x-pipe, jlt) and was launching @ little over 4500k rpms and shifting around 5500 and ran a 13.08 and last week he launch around 6k rpms and shifting higher in the rpms and ran a 12.8 w/ a 1.67 60'

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I usually shift my g/f's 4.10 tuned Mach 1 at 6,200rpms. That seems to be the sweet spot for her car.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
a friend of mine was doing the same w/ his mach (4:30's built rear, o/r x-pipe, jlt) and was launching @ little over 4500k rpms and shifting around 5500 and ran a 13.08 and last week he launch around 6k rpms and shifting higher in the rpms and ran a 12.8 w/ a 1.67 60'

If memory serves my buddy was shifting right around there if not a bit over 5K in every gear. On my junk I try to hit as close to the 6K mark as I can and it seems to work out great, I'm sure every car is different though.

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
So :shrug:

Hell if I wanted to I could make a 1985 Ford F150 fast....that doesn't mean you should watch out for all the other ones.

Bolt on SOHC 2v's shouldn't try to race anything.

Whats wrong with gt's racing? I have an 03 cobra and I don't tell all the mach 1's like you to stop racing. And all the whipple and KB guys don't tell me to stop racing. Its just a food chain of cars bro.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

If memory serves my buddy was shifting right around there if not a bit over 5K in every gear. On my junk I try to hit as close to the 6K mark as I can and it seems to work out great, I'm sure every car is different though.
They sound like old 5.0 guys. :shrug:
I usually shift my g/f's 4.10 tuned Mach 1 at 6,200rpms. That seems to be the sweet spot for her car.
when you takin' her back to the track with the tune and gears?
Whats wrong with gt's racing? I have an 03 cobra and I don't tell all the mach 1's like you to stop racing. And all the whipple and KB guys don't tell me to stop racing. Its just a food chain of cars bro.
It must be the fender emblems and silver stars. Without those, a bolt on/tuned, geared, dr'd mach would surprise you. :lol:
yeah he's retarded. and trevors bolt on gt ran half a second faster than his (or his "girls") mach.
Dude..come on man. You know stop likes to goof around.

Users who are viewing this thread