2 tunes or 1 with nitrous??

machslammer

Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra with exhaust, cold air, 2.8 upper, ported eaton, gordsford intercooler. I am going to install a BAP and a mafia mass air extender with a wet nitrous setup. I am making 476/481 on a loaded mustang dyno. Will I need bigger injectors if I do a wet kit? And instead of doing multiple tunes and switching back and forth; will it not be just as easy to do 1 tune for nitrous and just lose a few hp from all motor? How much all motor hp will i be down? What is the advantages of having two tunes? With 1 you never have to worry about that switch being on as well as the rest of the switches. I will be spraying very rarely and only doing a 75 shot. Thanks alot and hope to get many responses.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Are you on the stock injectors now? I'd upgrade to 60lb's for safety...or 55lb's if you can find them cheap.

machslammer

Established Member
yes I am on stock injectors. They are fine for my all motor setup now as it is, so with a wet kit supplying its own fuel I should not need larger injectors. Correct?

iceman1234t

Got balls ???
Established Member
You should be fine with the wet kit on a 75 shot and the stock injectors if you dont want to spend any more money (if you have the money to burn upgrade to 60s). To be honest with you you will not loose much power. The most you will have to retard your timing is 2 degrees and the most you will lose is 5-10hp. 2 degrees timing makes a difference of 6hp on my car and no difference in the drivability.

Users who are viewing this thread