2-Stroke Oil Help???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So I have a 2005 Kawasaki Ultra 150 jet-Ski. It has a 145HP 1200cc 2-Stroke I-3. It is carb'd and has an oil injection system. Since it is oil injected I do not have to pre-mix the gas. I ran out of my stash of KawaChem oil this Fall and don't really care to drive to the dealer to buy the cheaper formulation they now sell. Does anyone know of a premium oil that would fit this application? I know Amsoil and Royal Purple have 2-Stroke formulations, but I have never used either one. Anyone else have a Hi-Po 2-stroke watercraft out there?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a sneaking suspicion that Royal Purple used to be the supplier for KawaChem back in the day. It certainly was the same shade of purple.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
AMSOIL outsold everything but the polaris oil by a large margin at the store I worked at. It works good with no problems.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
everyone i know that runs hi-po 2 smoker oil runs klotz... maybe because it smells awesome ;-)

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I raced outboard drag boats for years and the oil that I found that worked best was Alissyn Synthetic Mfg by Aerospace Lubricants Inc.
My engine turned 10,750 every pass and I never had one failure due to lubrication. The ODBA uses this oil exclusively with great results.
You can buy this oil from the Aerospace web site and they will ship it to you.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I did some research on greenhulk (a Jet-Ski forum) and quite a few people reported major engine issues with Amsoil. Apparently it can thicken over time and end up not playing well with the injection system. I would really like to run a test on it. Might be time to break out the lab equipment.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I did some research on greenhulk (a Jet-Ski forum) and quite a few people reported major engine issues with Amsoil. Apparently it can thicken over time and end up not playing well with the injection system. I would really like to run a test on it. Might be time to break out the lab equipment.

Hard to believe. Dominator is used in sleds also. Below zero temps and sitting for 6 months between uses. We ordered by the pallet when it was a good snow year. Blue marble had a following also. Keep your pilot and main jets clean, any good quality oil should work well for you. You'd have fallen over over if you had seen some of the old separated oil I shook up and used :)

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
AMSOIL makes oil specifically for 2 stroke Injection systems for Marine Oil. The Interceptor oil is good but not really designed for Direct injection. It is designed for pre-mixing. If you have any questions shoot me a note.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...ynthetic-2-stroke-injector-oil/?code=AIOQT-EA

That is flat out wrong. AMSOIL does have a premix oil, but it isn't interceptor. You could use as a 50:1 premix, but way cheaper oil for that, including amsoil. His PWC is carbed with oil injection, but even if it was DI, AMSOIL says it is perfectly fine and has done the testing to prove it.

Conclusion: testing proves the effectiveness of AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR ® Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil in Rotax ® E-TEC ® engines
specifically, and high-performance DFI powersports engines in general. Following 50 hours of engine dyno testing, merit ratings assigned to components by an ASTM calibrated rater of fer convincing proof of performance, with INTERCEPTOR earning perfect ratings for piston skirt scuffing and piston ring sticking. Ratings for cylinder bore cross hatch removal, exhaust port blocking and other areas were high and reflect the oil’s ability to control deposits and inhibit wear. INTERCEPTOR exceeds the performance requirements.

The results of the ASTM D 4863 lubricity test provide additional proof of performance. At a 150:1 gas-to-oil ratio far leaner than the ratios produced by the Rotax E-TEC 800R engine INTERCEPTOR demonstrated increased lubricity compared to XPS-2 Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil and surpassed the performance benchmark. In addition, INTERCEPTOR prevented piston skirt scuffing and cylinder wear and showed strong detergency properties in the ASTM D 4857 detergency test, surpassing XPS-2 Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil as the performance benchmark in almost all instances.

These results have also been confirmed in a 3,469-Mile Rotax E-TEC Engine Case Study (G3038). Pistons taken from a 2011 Ski-Doo TNT snowmobile equipped with a Rotax E-TEC 800R engine exhibited no scuffing or ring sticking following 3,469 miles of real-world, aggressive trail riding. Based on the results of the extreme dynamometer test on Rotax e-tec engines, a MSO guarantees that
inteRcePtOR Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil effectively lubricates Rotax e-tec engines and is a high-performance replacement for BRP’s more-costly XPS-2 Synthetic 2-cycle Oil.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread